1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 4/28/2015 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

TONY BROTHERS. Oh brother!

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Tony Brothers was the dumbass that let the Cavs-Celtics game get out of control!

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The fact that he still has a job pretty much shows the NBA isn't serious about improving its officiating.

4. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

I wonder if most people know that Tony Brothers is one person. Anyhow, I'm not looking forward to it at any rate.

5. 757dstreet

757dstreet Member

I think it's on TNT... and if it is showing on NBAtv, they'll play the home court commentary, which in tonight's game will be ours.

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

i thought nba tv was for the crappy games?

7. conquistador#11

apparently it's Brothers who thinks he is multiple people since he is the one that calls fouls from impossible angles with his back turned.

8. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I Don't think the starting 5 is the problem. The rockets have been outscored 135-99 in the 2nd quarter this series. Seeing how Brewer and Josh Smith are the first ones off the bench, they actually need to play better in the 1st half.

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I. Hate. Dwain. Price. So. Much.

1 person likes this.
  10. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

Josh Smith for some reason is always AMAZING in the second half.

I agree the 2nd quarter is our issue. I don't think Brewer or Smith were particularly BAD in the last game first half. I remember Prigs and Ariza stinking it up. McHale needs a quick hook for our role players if they start going away from the gameplay of pounding it inside. Prigs and Ariza were guilty of taking awful pull-up jumpers in the last game. The first instance of back to back crappy possessions we need to call timeout and get some guys in there who will stick to the script.

I think one of the things that really stood out in the games that we have won has been the excellent interior passing from big to big. I'd be curious to see what Pap could do in there in the 2nd quarter as a P n R roll man to shovel interior passes to Dwight or Capela. I also feel better about him guarding Dirk than the likes of Brewer, Prigs or Terry.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Is it because of his face? Because for me it is his face.

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

It is so sickly looking and so incredibly punchable

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Rockets in a game 6 against the Mavs is pretty crappy "(

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Just like All Maverick fans. ;)

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

There's no reason to mess with the starting lineup. The Rockets have done pretty well in first quarters in this series. You're right about the second quarters. They've been dreadful defensively. Part of that is because when Dwight goes to the bench, there's a noticeable decline in their ability to stop the Mavs.

Oddly enough, the one game in this series where they outscored the Mavs in the second quarter was Game 2 where they really struggled from the field until Josh Smith went nutz in the second half.

16. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I thought NBAtv brings their own announcing crew during the playoffs.

17. Handles

Handles Member

This is Steph curry in my eyes.

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's also that they stop running back on defense after they build a big lead. Even on made baskets, the Mavs have been able to score quickly in transition. It was especially bad in the second quarters of both games in Dallas.

19. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

We got this game if we can get rebounds.

20. JazzLakerHater

I actually think their broadcasting crew is pretty decent. But yeah we have to finish tonight.