1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Bengals @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Remii

Remii Member

Cincinnati ran up and down the field on the Texans defense at will. They also had 17 passing 1st downs (Green Bay had 10 in comparison)... And that's Andy Dalton playing on the road and he didn't get sacked. And AJ Green was simply abusing the secondary. A good defense doesn't give up that type of efficiency especially at home. Jeremy Hill averaged 4.8 ypc... Good thing Cincinnati split Hill's workload with Gio (overrated) are it could have been worst.

Against good offenses the Texans defense have given up either good offensive production (or efficiency), and or points... But they've been able to take advantage of quarterbacks like RG3, Carr (rookie), EJ Manual, Mettenburger (rookie)... That's 4 of their 5 wins. That's why I say that #8 ranking is fishy.

2. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

The problem is Texans may have already won too many games, unless teams like Raiders, Jaguars, Titans, and Bucs start winning.

3. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Are those the only team ahead of us for the first pick? I don't want the first pick of that's the case. All those teams have recently committed to a potential long-term QB.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Not only that but tanking in the NFL doesn't work. If it did we would have won something already. We've had the #1 overall 3 different times and so far we are 0 for 2 with the 3rd one TBD. You could argue our best players came when we didn't get #1 overall. Most of the time the #1 overall is a burden unless you get lucky like the Colts did.

5. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I think Giants and Redskins are also ahead. I'm thinking more of getting in the top five, not first overall. The teams I listed seem like they are no threat to even get to 5 wins at this point.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>JUST IN: Texans QB Ryan Mallett is out for the rest of the season with a torn pectoral.

(via <a href="https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL">@McClain_on_NFL</a>) <a href="http://t.co/ZvECn8SUwj">pic.twitter.com/ZvECn8SUwj</a></p>&mdash; NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/536946949854089217">November 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It kind of sucks that he decided to play anyway and ruin the rest of the Texans season, but I guess I can't blame him too much for wanting to play.

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

in a weird way...kinda glad the team lost, bc if they managed to win...the Ryan Mallet news would have been really devastating. And how the heck did he tear his pectoral muscle??? dont really remember him getting blasted in the pocket the previous game? Perhaps this was either due to a practice/weight training injury? Obviously pure speculation.

8. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Reportedly during pregame warmups. No joke.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Gotta respect that he tried to gut it out, but it was sort of selfish and it hurt the team. I think if we had the average Fitz performance rather than the awful performance we had then the Texans would have had a better chance to win.

10. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Fitz wouldn't have won this game. We needed Arian Foster. There was no chance of winning without him.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well Foster certainly would have helped, but we needed better QB play and average Fitz QB play would have been an improvement over what they got.

12. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Unfortunately we never got an opportunity to be that loud. I attended both games. Sucks.

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If Fitz played...those "supposed" picks that Mallet wouldve thrown(if the pass was thrown with less velocity)....would've really been picked off.

Yes, Mallet was bad; and that performance on Sunday was the worst of season, but Mallet was taking shots: 1. to the TE's, 2. to Andre Johnson, 3. and generally made faster reads... better throws wouldve resulted better results. After seeing years of weak arm QB play, I am happy to see something better.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Not true. We were down 6 in the fourth with the ball with our QB doing basically nothing all game.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Da beard is gone! :eek:

[​IMG]

16. conquistador#11

let's do this, fitzblackmagic!
    sweep the last five, Mccoy destroys the colts d, and the cowboys do us a solid.
    texans win the division.
    (passing the venom laced kool-aid)

17. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ladies and Gentlemen, Ryan Fitzpatrick v7.0 (now with less facial hair). Hope he got a patch update on Tuesday as well.

On a more serious note, maybe we should have started Fitzy against the Bengals. So far, he is 2-0 against teams he used to play for, and we certainly needed that game to keep any pretense of a playoff run intact.