1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you want Carlos Delfino for very cheap?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, Apr 22, 2005.

?

Do you want Carlos Delfino for cheap?

1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    76.2%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  1. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Found this on RealGM.

Delfino wants out (Spanish article)

Here is the translation:

Looks like Carlos Delfino's seriously pissed at Larry Brown. Detroit might want to trade him or just cut him before he causes problems in the locker rooms. Do you guys want to grab this guy? He is on his $1 million per year rookie contract, and has two more years left if no one picks up his fourth year option.

From what I watched him play, he's a pretty intriguing player. He's no where near Ginobili, but he has pretty good handle and athleticism. He plays hard defense, and is only 22. Maybe he's worth our try?

BTW, I seriously question Larry Brown's ability to work with international players. He has had troubles with Milicic, Okur, Arroyo and Delfino. I mean, it couldn't be all their fault, right?

Also, when he was in Philly, he had problems with Matt Harpring. Then Harpring left for the Jazz, and became a pretty good player. Samething happened to Okur. Maybe Delfino can also become a pretty good player on some other teams if given the chance. Any thoughts?

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I don't really blame Brown for leaving Delphino off the roster considering his production. That being said, I think Brown is the most overrated coach in the league and a giant prick. Brown is just pissed that Delphino and crew kicked his butt in the olympics.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Since LB is likely gone then Delfino may rise up in Detroit.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I worked with Larry Brown in San Antonio, he is an A$$hole, I can't stand the guy.

Sure bring on Delfino...just to piss off Brown.

DD

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i am glad how things worked out that summer when we were looking for a coach.

everyone and thier mom wanted LB, some wanted dunleavy....and no one was really happy with JVG early on. now he has emerged as the best choice from that summer. another good job by les and CD.

i don't think we really need delfino. we are set in the backcourt. in the draft we will most likely get an athletic 3.

6. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

LB won a championship in Detroit though...

Anyway, we need young athletic players, and I think Delfino is like that.