1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets a playoff team in the 4th Q....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 3pointer, Nov 10, 2000.

1. 3pointer

3pointer Member

I've seen some of you commenting on how much intensity the rox are showing during the 4th quarter, games that we lost could have been won if we would have had a few more minutes on the clock. This brings me to this question, How many of you think this is a playoff team once it learns how to play like that during the entire game instead of just the 4th Q... and how far can we go once we learn how to do that ? do we have the talent to beat a good team like the Lakers during 5 game playoffs ? (remember this w/the rox playing great D and playing their best basketball they could play ... in other words is our best good enough to beat them at their best ?? )

------------------
    Mind is the fore-runner of conditions. Mind is chief; and they are mind-made. If, with an impure mind, one speaks or acts, then pain follows one even as the wheel, the hoof of the ox.
    Mind is the fore-runner of conditions.
    Mind is chief; and they are mind-made. If, with a pure mind, one speaks or acts, then happiness follows one even as the shadow that never leaves.

2. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

According to the 3 losses the Rockets so far have, I have the following conclusions:

1. if they had played 5 more minutes of the high-intensity ball they had played in the 4th, they would have beaten the T'Wolves, the Clippers (what?), and the Suns.

2. if it is 10 more minutes of that kind of ball, they would be with 50+ wins this season.

3. if it is 3 quarters, they would be in the conference finals.

4. if they play like that the whole game, we are speaking DYNASTY for the next 10 years.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rocketability (edited November 10, 2000).]

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RocketAbility, that sounds about right to me. The sheer talent that exists on this team can seriously compete with any other team in the league, if they could just get past their youth and focus on the goal with consistent intensity. It seems to me that this should be Rudy's job, though you cannot expect him to motivate anyone who is not willing to be motivated. Thankfully, no one like that exists on the Rockets. I have confidence in Rudy's ability to have this team <u>very</u> focused by the last 40 games of the season, and by next season at the latest.

------------------
    She hates testicles, thus limiting the men she can admire to Democratic
    candidates for president.
    -- John Greenway, "The American Tradition", on feminist
    Elizabeth Gould Davis