1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Courtney Lee???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bids9, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Bids9

Bids9 Member

Whats going on with him. I realised we withdrew our qualifying offer but havent heard much since. If a trade for Dwight does go down do we think Lee might end up sticking around and re-signing??? Are the Rockets and Lee holding off until Dwight does or does not get here.

If there is another thread re this feel free to merge or lock.

Personally id love to see Lee back. My fav current Rocket and just dosent get the kudos he deserves

2. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Last I heard was S&T talks with the Celtics. I'd like him to come back as well but I don't see it happening with Lamb and Martin(both of which could be moved any minute) still on the roster.

3. vernonmaxwell86

he's waiting to resign with the rockets after the d12 trade is done

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Lee and Lamb is a fantastic 1, 2 punch. I hope they bring him back.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's obvious

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Trade him to the bulls, celtics, or Minny for a future 1st rounder. We are rebuilding; he doesn't fit anymore...assuming no Dwightmare

7. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

He's young and won't be all that expensive. He fits a rebuilding team just fine.

8. rolyat93

What? He's 26 years old, and would be a good locker room presence for the youngins'. I think he would fit in just fine.

9. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

He's 27 this year.

I don't know if he'll accept a role off the bench. Don't want him to get in the way of Jeremy Lamb's development.

10. rolyat93

Lamb won't be a starter in his first year. If anything, he'll help Lamb's development, playing defense against him everyday in practice.

1 person likes this.
  11. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

PG: Lin/Douglas
    SG: Lee/Lamb
    SF: Parsons/White
    PF: Jones/DMo
    C: Howard/DMo

Yes. Yes.

12. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

How did you get Howard?

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Something is definitely going on with him and the Rockets, that's obvious, otherwise he would have signed somewhere by now. Not sure if it's him sticking with us or being sign & traded.

14. jvu

jvu Member

Greg smith, Kmart, 2x 1sts, brockman and fortson?:grin:

15. Sanity2disChaos

A good indication of Howard coming or not ( which I think he will) is the action involving Lee, which at the moment is nothing!!

I said it in a past post .....Lee and Howard are best friends so it would be a good recruiting tool to keep him in back pocket. He can thus help convince Howard to stay...

J.Smith is next.......believe it...

16. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I agree with this if we can get Dwight. Sign Lee to a 2yr deal. Lamb will still get plenty of pt behind him. That way, if Lamb makes lee expendable by the second year, that contract isn't bad.

17. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

I would let him walk ... he is a very good player but we have Martin and Lamb at the 2 won't be worth the price. Sell out on the rookies!

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Martin is as good as gone. He'll most likely be moved for Howard, Bynum, or Gasol (God forbid).

19. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

That's usually determined in training camp, the player that plays the best in training camp gets the spot and Lamb has shown he can play. Not to mention McHale has shown he's not afraid of starting rookies.

With that said I would prefer to sign & trade Lee for future draft picks to help aid in the rebuilding process.

20. rolyat93

Lee's a better player right now, he's more proven, and he does what Mchale loves defense, catch & shoot. Lamb has more potential but Lee is still a better option right now, and the perfect guy for him to learn from.