1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dating Advice. Graduate School Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dnjndmrc5, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

So there is this girl I am interested in. We are both in graduate school. We are currently in the same program taking the same classes. We met in August of last year. Ever since then, she has taken an interest in being my partner for almost all of our assignments, projects for every class. For what is worth she sits next to me in all classes. She repeatedly tells me I'm a good partner and i am the best.

She must think I am smart or something or appreciates my work ethic. Any who she is 23 years old and i am about to be 31. She is single, but she has said that she doesn't want to date anyone in the program because it may look bad to her professors. There is only 1 other guy in the program that asked her out and she freaked out and told me about it. Furthermore, this summer she invited me out to webster to hang out with another guy in the program. The reason she brought me along was so that the guy didn't think it was a date. Any chance I may be the exception.

As with any other girl, she talks about her ex constantly (annoying), still hangs out with him.

Should I make a move, be more flirtatious, and risk losing the friendship. If it doesn't work out we still have to see each other in all our classes. i feel like she just appreciates me.

P.S. she has big boobs and is a red-head with blue eyes.

2. conquistador#11

you're in danger of getting khaleesi'd. make your move fast.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

First of all, pics.

Secondly, I wouldn't make a move. She was pretty clear about it. Wait for her to make a move or make your move after graduate.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Dude has been friendzoned and doesn't even know it :(

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Still hangs out with her ex? That's a big red flag to me. Plus her specifically telling you she doesn't want a relationship probably wasn't entirely random - she might have just wanted to get that established so you wouldn't get any ideas. And maybe since you're older she feels more secure with you than with the younger males in your program.

That said, I'd probably still pursue. Might not be the logical or rational thing, but were I in your position that's what I'd probably do. I was in a kinda similar situation in undergrad: Girl was seemingly into me, but she was engaged and talked lovingly of her fiance - but damn, if I didn't know any better I'd say she wants the D. And it turns out... she did want the D [and also an excuse to end her engagement]. We dated for a little over a year. It wasn't bad at all for a college relationship.

So, maybe wait until yall get closer to the end of the semester/year before diving in, if you're afraid there's a good chance she doesn't want the D. That way the potential awkwardness wouldn't last for too long.

#5 Haymitch, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  6. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Sorry OP, but this.

:(

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Sounds like she has the hots for one of the professors or post-docs; thus, this lame excuse of hers. It wouldn't look bad to her professors, smh, unless she wants to date one, or she is lying to you.

btw; if you want to hit on her, find out her period, and ask her out the week before. That's when woman are in heat, and most open to advances

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The part where she tells you she doesn't want to date anyone from the program, takes you to other dudes and constantly talks about her ex makes me think she's only thinking of you as a very good friend and doesn't consider you dating material.

If a girl talks about her ex a lot in front of you, it's mostly a sign she doesn't want a relationship with you, otherwise she'd think talking about her Ex would scare you away.

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Make a move, OP. If it doesn't work out you can always drop the class.

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

11. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

I'd say make a move now...if it does not go well you can always just make other friends in the program.

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

This.

A woman will decide within the first 10 minutes of exposure if she's interested in you or not.

To get out of the friendzone you will need to kill the nearest male suitor and urinate on his remains.

I had a similar thing happen to me once in College. This annoying Vietnamese chick started palling up to me in a class and before I knew it she was always sitting next to me talking about her ex and how she still misses him and all this ****. She was not very good looking, but I guess she needed to be friends with an older guy who would help her pass the class I guess. She would whine about how crappy her brand new Audi was and how she was going to beg her parents to buy her a Mercedes for her birthday. I really hated her. Sometimes she would even ask to come over to my apartment because she needed "somewhere to chill for a couple hours" before going to some appointment that she would never talk about. She did cook me some Asian Chicken and Dumplings once. That was about the only plus I ever got out of any contact with her. Eventually she asked to borrow money from me because "her parents were out of town" and she and her rich friends blew too much money at the Galleria. I told her to **** herself and never contact me again.

#13 moestavern19, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  14. Mr. Clutch

In that order?

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yep. Probably too late here, unfortunately.

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Probably. My assessment of the situation is that she's interested in the "other guy" she invited out for the summer and she's taking OP along as insurance in case things get awkward. Most likely they will end up ****ing and OP will be in the other room wondering wtf just happened.

17. Mr. Clutch

You might not be friendzoned.

Just play it cool.

Don't show your hand, wait for her to tip you off, then later you can go "all in."

18. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Sadly, this is probably true. If you don't make a move with a girl within a few times of seeing them, you lost your shot. You can overcome the friendzone, but it is rare.

19. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Does OP lift?