1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NYT INVESTIGATES: Rubio and Wife Cited 17 Times for Traffic Infractions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jun 5, 2015.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

So Marco Rubio has received four traffic tickets since 1997 and his wife has received 13. They (either he and/or his wife) have apparently also attended defensive driving. Marco Rubio and his family are apparently so clean that this is the best effort at a smear story that the New York Times can come up with.

Surely this is a scandal that the left can use to ruin Marco Rubio, a politician that they fear to their very core. A Hispanic conservative Republican who is well spoken, attractive, super smart, balanced and under control.

OH MY GOD!!! CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY!!!

Have no fear, the New York Times in on the case. And MSNBC is sure to try and do everything they can to make this into a major story, especially Rachel Maddow.

No word about the findings of the smear investigations that they have going on Bernie Sanders, Martin O'Malley, or Lincoln Chafee. Of course Hillary Clinton has not driven during this period, as she has a paid chauffeur to drive her around all this time and more.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Delightful - this is seriously hurting Rubio's chances of finishing 3rd - the Times is probably in the tank for Ben Carson to win the Bronze, where Rubio is kept off the podium entirely. Delicious.

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'm outraged.

4. Nook

Nook Member

#1 Marco Rubio having 4 citations in 17 years is nothing out of the ordinary. His wife having 13? Yeah... that is a whole lot, but other than being interesting, it doesn't really mean much.

#2 Why is it that every damn time the terms "articulate" or "well spoken" are used, it involves a minority. Are you shocked that a minority is well spoken?

#3 Rubio doesn't have much of a chance to even win the Republican nomination.

5. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

I thought this was about the Ricky Rubio lol.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I also thought it was about Ricky Rubio, which left me with the delightful anticipation of finding out why the New York Times would want to investigate and report on his terrible driving habits given that he's only a disappointing NBA 'star.' Imagine my disappointment upon learning this thread is actually about Marco.

7. Major

Major Member

Or maybe you could just grasp that not everything that is reported is meant to suggest a scandal. Other headlines in the "First Draft" section of the NYT include:

Lincoln Chafee Draws Life Lessons From Having Worked With Horses

Today in Politics: Campaign Trail Makes Room for Long Fly Balls and Weekend

Clearly very hard hitting type reporting.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I thought Ricky Rubio was a good driver.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Rubio and wife?

[​IMG]

10. cml750

cml750 Member

Personally, I think that is relevant. It tells me something about Rubio and his wife. If only the NYT times would do the same due diligence in researching Democrat candidates. I would love for them to research Benghazi, the Clinton Foundation, or Clinton's illegal email server while SOS a little bit harder but I know they will not.

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

It's relevant in that it tells you how little the NYT has on Rubio.

Also reminds people that the Rubio's don't have drivers.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>"Ma'am do you realize how fast you were.. Oh.. Oh I.. Ok I'm letting you go with a warning... " <a href="http://t.co/cDa2lajDrd" title="http://twitter.com/redsteeze/status/606822710371610624/photo/1">pic.twitter.com/cDa2lajDrd</a></p>&mdash; Stephen Miller (@redsteeze) <a href="https://twitter.com/redsteeze/status/606825164924461056" data-datetime="2015-06-05T13:59:43+00:00">June 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Meh 13 citations in 18 years. Not even one per year. Nothing really here imo.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So what are our right-wing friends whining about exactly? That the NYT's that bastion of left wing liberal ideology is reporting the news?

Who even cares about Marco Rubio?

14. Nook

Nook Member

I don't know what dinosaur/creationist rock you have stuck under but all those "issues" have gotten lots of attention in the press and the American people don't see anything really damning.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Things must be getting really slow for the right wing if they are generating scandals like this (NYT is investigating Rubio's driving record)... at some point you have to start coming up with reasons why people should want to support your candidates and positions.

16. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k1uX6VliMpw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But he can't shoot worth crap.

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

actually they didn't do any investigating, they took an oppo research dump from American Bridge and printed it as a story.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I’ve asked <a href="https://twitter.com/nytimes">@NYTimes</a> for name of retrieval service they say they used to obtain Miami-Dade court docs… will update if and when they respond.</p>&mdash; Dylan Byers (@DylanByers) <a href="https://twitter.com/DylanByers/status/606894765506994176">June 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here is the full docket for one of the Rubio citations. No &quot;document retrieval service in Florida” seen… <a href="http://t.co/HDZUwHV0rQ">pic.twitter.com/HDZUwHV0rQ</a></p>&mdash; Brent Scher (@BrentScher) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrentScher/status/606884857051004929">June 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

lol... at least two bloggers, and undoubtedly countless other on facebook and other social media, spring to action on this incredibly important news report... :rolleyes:

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

More like the Checkered Lady amirite