1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James to be named MVP

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 30, 2010.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

No surprise here.

http://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider/status/13131276649

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/04/lebron_james_to_be_named_most.html

[rquoter]CLEVELAND, Ohio -- LeBron James of the Cavaliers will become the 10th player in NBA history to win back-to-back Most Valuable Player Awards when results of the nationwide voting are announced on Sunday, sources have told The Plain Dealer.

James is expected to have a press conference at The University of Akron and accept the Maurice Podoloff Trophy and the Kia car that comes with the honor Sunday

At age 25, James becomes the second-youngest to win back-to-back MVPs. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was a couple of months younger when he won his back-to-back award in 1972. The others two win back-to-back are Steve Nash, Tim Duncan, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Moses Malone, Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell and Abdul-Jabbar. Only Bird, Chamberlain and Russell ever won the award three years in a row.

Last year James won in a landslide, getting 109 of the first-place 121 votes given out to sportswriters and broadcasters who cover the league. This year, James is expected to approach winning the award unanimously.

However, several voters have said they did not plan to vote for James. This year the NBA also allowed fans to vote, with their preference to make up the 122nd vote. The results of the voting will be announced Sunday by the league.

James averaged 29.7 points, 7.3 rebounds and 8.6 assists per game in leading the Cavs to a second consecutive 60-win season. He was named Eastern Conference Player of the Month four times during the season.[/rquoter]

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Omg I'm surprised :eek:

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

James deserves it, no doubt but I'd like to see how many votes Durant got in comparison to the other MVP candidates.

4. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

:rolleyes:

5. Steve_Francis_rules

One of those names just doesn't look right listed there with all the others. I'm not saying he didn't deserve his MVPs, I think it's really just a statement about how weak the field was those years.

Several voters should be losing their right to vote. Voting for anyone but James this year is really indefensible.

6. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

he can have MVP's , DH 12 is lookin 4 a ring !

7. ThaShark316_28

And he'll never get it as long as this man is around:

Sorry, Dwight

[​IMG]

8. bpbkforlife

bpbkforlife Member

So f@#$!% what :mad:

9. Mr. Space City

much deserved.

10. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

i don't see him not winning more mvps in the next few years.

this is gonna be scary.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

Unless LerBon gets into a catastrophic-world-ending injury, he's already a shoe in for next year's MVP honors as well. Could he be the first ever to win a 4 in a row?

C'mon Brooks! Don't let this happen!

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Fantastic contribution to the thread. I'm sure LBJ will stop playing now that he's gotten the MVP.

13. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

I didnt say LBJ is not looking for a ring , i mean Orlando will beat Cleveland again just like last year . Celtics will give Cavs a 6/7 game series that will mentally and physically drain them. Magic will probably sweep or a 5 game series in the second round.

14. Steve_Francis_rules

Yeah! How dare someone post information about the winner of the NBA MVP award in the NBA Dish on a basketball BBS! :rolleyes:

Idiot.

15. Steve_Francis_rules

Last year the Cavs won in round 2 in a sweep and the Magic had a tough 7 game series against Boston. That didn't help the Cavs any.

16. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

People also seem to forget one thing , Jameer Nelson first round series was pretty sick . Nelson missed last year's playoffs due to a nasty injury , though he played few games in the NBA Finals.

Nelson gets looked over due to the other stars on the team , and arguably being the deepest team in the league .

Howard, Gortat
    Lewis , Bass,Anderson
    Barnes , Pietrus
    Carter, Redick
    Nelson, J-Will

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what does any of that have to do with MVP? oh yeah, absolutely nothing.

18. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

I know it doesnt have anything to do with MVP's , my first post was saying let James have his MVP . In the end it is about the Rings , until James wins his ring he cant live up to the hype that was built up since he was in high school .

I am a magic fan , obviously the magic fans have a rivalry with Cavs and Celtics and Lakers since the finals last year. I was referring to James can have all his MVP trophies , there is only trophy that matters that Magic have a great shot at along with few other teams.

19. lalala902102001

Best player on the best team -- well deserved.

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Fixed. :grin: