1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BREAKING] School Shooting in Conn. at Elementary School

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sadat X, Dec 14, 2012.

1. droopy421

droopy421 Member

:( Awful. :(

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It almost seems to me that she may have been disciplining him physically...

- withdrawn from others

- always listens to mom

- shot his mom 4 times in the head, while she slept

Maybe not abusing him, but enough to piss him off? Having a mother who even decides what your haircut should look like has to be embarrassing, even for a kid like him, especially when he was already in his teens at the time.

#1122 RV6, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  3. VanityHalfBlack

Drug abuse/parental abuse, who knows??? **** this guy was waiting to explode and unleash his evil deeds to the world... This sick sonofabitch planned it from the get go...

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I think people are giving this kid too much credit. He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

He snapped, went ape ish, and had ridic firepower at his disposal. Or maybe I'm oversimplifying it.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It a more comforting through that he snapped
    The idea that he methodically planned it . .. is more Hannibal Lectnorish
    and
    That would make people more uncomfortable that people
    like that are real

Rocket River

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think you are. So far, almost everyone who knew him has said he was a very smart kid and it didn't sound like they were just trying to be nice. You could argue the whole thing didn't require great planning, as he never really made it past the very front of the school, but I think his plan fell short because he wasted time trying to make sure he killed everyone by shooting them multiple times. Or maybe that was his plan. Either way he wasn't dumb. Just has tunnel vision about certain things, which i believe was due to his autism.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

I agree. Unfortunately, we probably won't find out many answers since both are dead (shooter and mom). I haven't read anything if the authorities were able to extract data from the hard drives.

Just paid tribute to the victims by participating in the national moment of silence. Can't believe it has been a week already.

9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Newtown votes to tear down the home where the Sandy Hook Elementary shooter lived <a href="http://t.co/0bpGMiUFGg">http://t.co/0bpGMiUFGg</a> <a href="http://t.co/MRigfnqKAp">pic.twitter.com/MRigfnqKAp</a></p>&mdash; NBC Nightly News (@NBCNightlyNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/558316248153739264">January 22, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

why would the city vote on such a thing? even if it is government property now.

11. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I was confused by this bump... Makes sense now, to the extent that voting on demolishing a privately owned house makes sense.

Do you agree with this? I don't really understand the thinking here but I guess the house became a bit of a distraction. It reminds me of property cases where sellers were sued for not mentioning that locals considered a house haunted by ghosts (/tangent). Won't the land itself retain whatever significance these people thought it had? Seems a bit superstitious.

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i guess it makes sense to not want anyone to profit from this tragedy by selling it. might as well tear it down.

13. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

What about the shooter's parents? Did they move
    Out of town?

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You're kidding right? He killed his mom. I think the dad didn't even live with them.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The dad was estranged and not living near them but I'm sure his life is still a living hell. Imagine your *genes* contributed to such horror. Lord have mercy.

That whole town will never be the same.

16. mingthething

mingthething Member

17. VanityHalfBlack

Damn!!! Dey ain't playin!!! Singapore is strict as fukk when it comes to their punishment.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Judge: Sandy Hook mass murderer's &quot;Big Book of Granny&quot; notebook, other documents must remain sealed. <a href="https://t.co/LzSXKq8ZiD">https://t.co/LzSXKq8ZiD</a></p>&mdash; NBC Nightly News (@NBCNightlyNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/719948373516754946">April 12, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Sealed? It should be studied by psychologists and other health professionals