1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hatchbackala, Feb 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. hatchbackala

hatchbackala Member

Can we find an old thread or two about Morey when he first came here?

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'll probably merge this with another active Morey thread, but just to give you a link -- this is the original thread on ClutchFans when it was announced that CD was planning on stepping down and Morey was his replacement.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=110932

3. hatchbackala

hatchbackala Member

thanks clutch. interesting to see the comments back then certainly. there was quite a bit of skepticism ;)

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I know it's WAY out of context but it's still a little funny

about Daryl....

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

reading that was very interesting..especially what everyone said two years later...

thanks for the idea op!

6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'm just thankful to not log on to Clutchfans to see:Mo Taylor signed for 6 years, 48 million.

Morey has definitely earned himself a top spot in Rockets' GM history.

7. declan32001

declan32001 Member

It's funny re-reading that. Thanks.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I never doubted Morey's ability in talent evaluation. I've always had more faith in advance analytic approaches than the old school eye-balls approach in scouting.

What I worried back then was whether Morey had what it took to be a good negotiator. It is one thing to know what players are good. It is another thing to actually be able to get those players without handcuffing yourself.

Now Morey has removed all my doubt. :)

9. Chronz

Chronz Member

Daryl CUTTHROAT Morey

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not only did Daryl Morey made a great deal, he managed to clean up the GARM and he's not even a member of Clutchfans crew!

11. tmacROX1

tmacROX1 Member

thanks clutch. nice to see comments 4 years ago. and let mee get this staright, morey was the GM for the celtics? the guy who got RAY ALLEN PAUL PEIRCE AND KEVIN GARNETT TOGETHER IN BOSTON??!?!!?!?!?!!!!!!!!?????

12. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

No, not even close. He was the senior VP of Operations and Information for Boston. By most accounts, he acted as a consultant. He joined the Rockets before the Celtics put that group together.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

lol ...

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think he was an assistant

Rocket River

15. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

I know this has been posted before -- but everytime I read it ... I just laugh my ass off

"You magnificent b*stard" :grin:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Tracy-McGrady-s-a-Knick-and-that-s-not-the-half;_ylt=ApcxE7GUwkgN78OzRQYChrC8vLYF?urn=nba,220605

But doing this much with McGrady's contract? Not merely moving it for similarly expiring parts and a possible pick? Getting Martin? The high end that could give you the second pick in the 2011 draft and the sixth pick in the 2012 draft? Morey, you magnificent b*stard. This was a masterstroke. A patient, well-timed, masterstroke. You knew he'd wait until February. You knew he'd wait until trade deadline day. You knew he'd make it work. Goodness, gracious, sakes alive.

16. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

A fine time to revisit this superb article from our own Kelly Dwyer from the end of last season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Executive-of-the-Year-Daryl-Morey?urn=nba,155130

Looks like Morey's turned this statement right around:

17. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

That you know of!!!!!

18. xlr817

xlr817 Member

D. Morey AKA "THE BANDIT"!