1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apply for credit cards with no credit history

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Yan_Yao, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Yan_Yao

Yan_Yao Member

I'm looking to apply for a credit card that has no annual fee, no setup fee. It has to be OK for those people that has no credit history at all.

I do not care about rewards or anything like that, I just want to build up some credit, and have them to report to the credit bureau.

Thanks

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Well, you could just send me all of your personal information, like youre SS#, DOB, TDL # and address and I'll check around for you... ;)

To build credit, just google which banks fit that criteria...In fact, why couldn't you go to where you bank...

3. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

Capital One

That was my first credit card and they gave me a 10,000 limit right off the bat (I think it's because I applied earlier but I gave them the wrong reward code so cancelled right there). My interest rate is real high though. But I pay everything off in time, which does defeat the purpose of building credit...

They do have great rewards and no annual fee.

4. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

my first cc as well.

5. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

6. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Get a charge card if you can to make sure you dont get into the debt game..

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If you have any student loans, that counts as credit on your credit report. You do not need credit cards to do so.

8. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Revolving credit? Welcome to hell, son. Now go make me a martini! :D

9. Jimes

Jimes Member

I was having trouble getting a good card with no annual fee, a long grace period, and decent limit because of not having a credit history as well, but I was able to get the Chase Rewards card which seems pretty good.

I thought paying on time still builds credit?

10. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

it does, but if you hold a balance on it for 3-4 months before paying it off, it'll build it quicker.