1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moving to Katy - Electricity providers?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Rather than evacuating Katy, I'm making the decision to move there from College Station!

That said, there are a ton of electric providers - TXU, Reliant / NRG, Ambit, and more.

I'm currently between TXU and Reliant, due to friend recommendations. However, my apartment complex suggested Ambit. So I'm at a loss.

Chime in with your opinions on your current electricity provider, such as customer service, prices, "hidden" fees, etc.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Never had problems with Reliant.

Not sure bout in Katy tho. Must be a ghost time by now. Been a while since I evacuated.

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Ambit probably pays the complex for referrals. That's the only reason for the recommendation.

This, but you need to be very careful about trick products from no-name brands -- they've been a problem recently, to the point the PUCT is wondering if it should be shut down.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You lost me here

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

I heard there are White Walkers roaming around in Katy.

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I chuckled.