1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony Available to Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thumbs, May 9, 2008.

1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

With the Denver Nuggets saying that they would entertain offers for Carmelo Anthony, do the Rockets have a package that would appeal to them? The Nuggets have said they want to avoid the onus of the luxury tax.

2. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

we'd have to trade like...our whole team minus tracy and yao. He's still young but his work ethic and desire is questionable...

3. sook

sook Rookie

carmelo is incredibly over rated...he never did anything for the nuggets...why should we expect anything more? Yea i guess we should get him but i just can't picture him fitting in, and what would we have to give up, head bjax + hayes then yea sure, but that way we're only getting rid of our garbage and winning on both sides :cool:

4. shawn786

shawn786 Member

To many off the court problems.

No Thanks

5. lastmanstanding

As JVG would say, no Knuckleheads.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If they part with him it will likely be for Josh Howard, Josh Smith, or someone of that caliber and age.

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I think I just threw up.

If Rockets get Carmelo Anthony, I will be looking for a new team to root for.

Nuggets are looking to trade him for a reason. He is a fake star, who likes to shoot and hardly brings anything else on the court. This is the second coming of Glen Robinson.

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

rockets proposal for carmelo anthony is: steve novak + sergei lishouk + lior eliyahu

cos thats how much he is worth to us...thats how useful he'd be to us.

why do you think denver wants to part with him when hes still really young?

no d, hogs the ball, selfish

9. Milad

Milad Member

Same here. Screw, Carmelo!

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

One dimensional player and I find his one dimension (scoring) to be overrated. He isn't an unstoppable NBA scorer like his PPG would lead one to believe. I've seen Tmac give him fits on both ends of the floor and it didn't even look like McGrady was that into the game.

He rebounds very poorly for a big SF who never plays defense (should be able to crash the boards often) and has inflated numbers playing in that up tempo system.

Too bad too because he brings size, shooting and a hell of a first step to the SF position.

11. engr chris

engr chris Member

+Malick Badiane +Mirsad Turckan

I love Carmelo when he was in Syracuse because he carried his team all the way to the championship. But NBA life has taken over him

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

dude simply quit when things got tough in the postseason and i'm sure the nuggets did not like that, esp. from a player they consider their franchise player.

but i don't think he's the problem. the problem is george karl and allen iverson.

george karl doesn't know how to teach defense, and iverson is a midget who makes it hard for you to play good team defense b/c he's at a disadvantage v. everybody and he can't play disciplined offense.

13. t_mac1

you have to remember last yr before his suspension, he avg 31ppg. dude can flat out score. the problem is iverson. with iverson, the ball is in his hands more than it's in carmelo's. they have to do things the iverson way b/c iverson cannot play in any type of structured offense b/c he would be useless without the ball.

but you never know. i'm afraid morey might just trade tmac b/c of melo's youth.

14. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

And let the talk start, CMelo ?

Oh man, we'd probably sold everything and be ala Celtics, but do we really need Melo?

hmph...

at least some of the kids would cheer for the Rockets.

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I am NOT a fan of Tmac but if we trade him for Carmelo then I will call for Morey's head. He certainly isn't a guy I would want to lead my favorite team in the playoffs.

I think he is very talented but I think he can be slowed considerably by a good defensive player. It's weird because he puts up a lot of points and shoots a decent percentage but when I watch him play I am always disappointed in his play. He almost always looks overrated vs. Houston.

16. t_mac1

kobe shot 39% v. houston and takes around 35 shots to score his 40 pts the last few yrs. is he overrated? we are the 2nd best defensive team for a reason.

melo is a tough cover for anybody and easily a top 5 scorer in this league. the thing is, he can't do anything else outside of his scoring. dude shot 49% this year. that's a great %, not decent.

the thing with him is that he quits easily in this playoffs, which i have never seen before. he got easily frustrated... that's not a franchise player. he has to improve his all-around game (where if his scoring is off, he can still dominate a game with his passing or defense, like tmac). he's still young so there's still a chance he'll mature.

i'm sure morey will ask, but denver will probably ask for tmac/yao.

but i think denver is making a mistake if it's trading melo. iverson and karl are the main problems, not him. he's the only guy on that team that opponents consistently double.

17. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

DAMN! That's alot to give up! I would probably have to pass.

18. LoveRoxHateJazz

Guys guys, you simply can't overlook the offensive talent and pure scoring ability of Carmelo Anthony. Denver is making the mistake of shopping him, and not AI...well maybe that's because veteran stars aren't worth much these days.

Sign Landry to whatever makes this BYC deal work.

Landry, Battier, and Brooks for Carmelo Anthony

Yao /Woods
    Scola / Hayes/ Harris
    Carmelo / Novak
    McGrady / Head / Francis
    Alston / Jackson

With our pick and MLE, get a wing player and a backup center.

19. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Carmelo is a thug and a quitter. No freaking thanks. His performance in playoffs were more than enough for me to not even consider getting that guy, despite his talent.

20. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

imma wait til he has a decent coach over him

george karl is just horrendous