1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anthony WHO?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BasketballReasons, Nov 17, 2008.

1. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Who is this guy?

Anthony Morrow, and undrafted rookie who was signed by Golden State. People say he wasn't drafted because he had attitude problems.
    And bam, he drops 37 on the Clippers, going 15-20 and catching 11 rebounds!
    That is the best Rookie performance since the beggining of the season.
    If this guy can play consistently like this, he's capable of anything!

Wow!

2. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Here's the video

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GcMEoGoTMWo&hl=fr&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GcMEoGoTMWo&hl=fr&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I think it's his night, that is it. The commentators claimed he hasn't scored 32 since HIGH SCHOOL. That is pretty serious, and I don't expect a player to suddenly explode and play at a very high standard when he appeared to have done something in NBA that he couldn't do in college.

Also, he only drove in the paint 2-3 times, he reminds me of our Greene (the one we traded). Morrow took a lot of contested shots, which were very quick releases. Those were bad shots imo, and I don't think he'll be even close next game. It is probably just his shooting night, like how Greene dropped 40 in summer league taking contested shot after next, but making them.

4. Dei

Dei Member

His Georgia Tech career high is 31.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

College does not mean squat. Some guys have an easier time scoring in the NBA.......

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Really? I swear almost all NBA players are there lead their high school in some ways, usually scoring.

7. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

Don Nelson really likes him. He's a 6'5 pure shooter with a quick release. You would think he would have trouble getting minutes in Golden State's crowded backcourt, but this is Nelson we're talking about.

Also, a show of hands for everyone who picked him off the FA list on Sunday morning! :D

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Does this mean Kelena is available?

DD

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That was great. Thanks.

10. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

The guy shot 15 for 20, so I wouldn't look at this as anything more than one hell of a night. It's just freakish for a guard to do that, and it probably won't happen again this season. The 11 rebounds is pretty impressive though.

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

lets see how he follows this up.

12. kikimama

kikimama Member

Well, at the least it shows good potential. I don't think even think Shane would be capable of getting 37 pts if he wanted to but that's not his job either and we're not the GSW. Impressive...

13. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

He said college not high school. For a lot of players they do better in the NBA than they do in College.

College plays a lot of zone and is slower than the NBA. Plus Morrow plays for Golden St. so that is a plus.

15. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

tony morrow was good at GT, but he never looked like real NBA talent to me. Shoot, I thought Will Bynum had a more NBA-ready game even though he was 5'10" at best (and Bynum is finally in an NBA rotation after a lot of 10 day contracts and stuff)

So yeah, I don't think he'll keep this up, sadly, and I don't expect him to stick in the league.. but hey, I'd love it if he did.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Even if he doesn't ever shoot like that in an NBA game again,that was impressive. He was having fun out there and playing with a lot of confidence.

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

He made it look so easy, very impressed.

18. WillG

WillG Member

Picked him up in fantasy. Offered Morrow and Rudy Gay for D. Wade and the person accepted :cool:

19. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

You have no decency, taking advantage of the mentally challenged like that.

20. jsuspect

jsuspect Member

Nope -- it means Marco Belinelli is available, not that anyone wants him.