1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Islamist Propaganda Machine in the USA funded by Saudi Arabian Extremists

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Oct 29, 2014.

1. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Some people here (e.g., FranchiseBlade) keep quoting from an Islamist propaganda website called "loonwatch". This site is linked to Reza Aslan, an Islamist masquerading as a scholar. We have seen his hateful outbursts (coupled with constant screaming "I am a Ph.D.!") on TV recently. It is also linked to this guy, Nathan Lean, the Research Director at Georgetown University’s Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding, who operates as "Garibaldi" on that "loonwatch" Islamist hate site (the Islamists and leftists behind that website try to stay anonymous while disseminating their hate speech). Nathan Lean works for Aslan, and his position at the "Georgetown University's Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding" is funded by Saudi extremists. This Nathan Lean character has written a book, trying to propagate the myth that fear of Muslims is being pushed by the Right with a book about "Islamophobia".

Of course, the "Georgetown University’s Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding" has been funded by Prince Alwaleed, the Saudi Prince who is also a shareholder of Fox News (and Twitter). And the Director of that "Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding", Luis Esposito, has written a book containing a lot of misinformation, and also has infiltrated Gallup.

There is a powerful Islamist propaganda machinery at work in the United States, with a lot of money from Saudi Arabia and other extremist dictatorships behind it. And a lot of gullible leftists have been falling for it.

I hope a good investigative journalist or maybe the FBI gets to the bottom of what is going on there.

Here's some info on that hate site:

http://yoelnatanbooks.blogspot.de/2013/03/loonwatch-exposed-as-unsavory-pro.html

I am happy to discuss with leftists and Muslims. But I would advise against quoting that loonwatch Islamist propaganda site.

#1 AroundTheWorld, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Yoelnatanbooks blogspot says it, then it must be true. :grin:

I'm not a huge fan of Reza Aslan. I agree with him some of the time and disagree with him some of the time. But I don't really think he's an Islamist.

The blogspot bit you posted is hardly anything earth shattering, or even legitimate journalism.

loonwatch may be a crappy source, but nothing you posted is worth a damn in trying to make that source.

It's also funny that the blogspot piece uses that frequently inaccurate and unreliable religionofpeace website to base some of its information on. Talk about your crappy sources.

3. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I worked for Gallup for over 7yrs….rotten in a word.

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Very interesting - can you tell us more, please (preserving your anonymity, of course)?

FranchiseBlade - you think I already gave you all sources? Have to give you guys a chance to react first...

Fact is: Anything that is funded by the Saudis that is not purely a financial investment has to be looked at with skepticism.

5. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I haven't seen a single "hateful outburst" by Aslan, perhaps you'd like to link to one.

BTW, the interview where he repeatedly told the interviewer that he was a PhD holder was in response to the interviewer questioning his credentials to speak on the subject of religion. I thought that, given the interviewer's obvious condescending tone, Aslan was very respectful and never even raised his voice, much less engaged in "screaming" as you claim.

6. trustme

trustme Member

lol. anyone who disagrees with ATW is an islamist. everyone on this board should know that.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

More attention whoring by ATW. Soon he will Call Obama an Islamist.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Reza Aslan is a rather secular individual who is a strong proponent of cultural relativism. Majority of his arguments are along the lines of "Who are we to judge. It's their culture and their religion". He also believes religion is above reproach and uses an apeal to authority in almost all his arguments when he is stuck in a corner.

He ain't no Islamofacist. He's just an ultra apologetic who believes religion is infallible.

1 person likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Religion isn't infallible, but I think it's unrealistic to say to people they need to rewrite the Koran.

But you can shift the way a book is interpreted. And you can bring a culture into a more modern way. I don't think we should be apologetic about Islam or any religion. If you ask me, all religions are stupid and pointless and a problem on this planet. I believe in secularism. But as a pragmatist I know it is a waste of energy to tell people that or try to wean them off their beliefs.

What we can do is apply the lessons of history and use the same forces that generate secular societies.

I think attacking Islam as the problem won't get us very far as it only works to alienate moderate Muslims. Instead we should celebrate moderate Islam and the world use those places where Islam is working to benefit a society as guiding lights. And we fight extremism by working with gov'ts to increase woman's education and quality of life. If women are independent and free, they will naturally rebel against the patriarchal elements. Education and industrial development are key.

It's not wonder that the Muslim's worlds most modern economies are also their more pluralistic and least barbaric which goes to show that indeed, it's the culture of indoctrination far more than the text in a book.

10. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I don't have an opinion on this particular topic because I've never even heard of this guy. And you could very well be right.

From what I've read in your previous posts though, you are the antithesis of what you described in this post. You are from Bangladesh, correct? A highly Islamic country. Seems you took the exact opposite approach and just hate religion, islam, whatever.

There is hardly any objectivism from either side. Whether that be you who obviously has repressed resentment towards Islam most likely because of your upbringing. ATW who seems to feel that Islam is ruining the world. Or the other side (exiled, that guy whose name starts with a "g" that ATW always calls out, etc.) who blame Jews for everything and fail to put the blame where it actually belongs.

Clearly the Muslim world has issues. And they're not small issues either. They need to be addressed internally more than anything else.

Also on topic. Often times in these threads the sources are questionable from all sides.

1 person likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

My parents are from Bangladesh. I was born in the states.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Great post!

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I think this is a more accurate assessment of Reza Aslan. I pretty much agree with this.

14. Exiled

Exiled Member

Hhhhaha well said

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yea, I've seen and heard many interviews with him. Never once did I recall him having an outburst or any hatred toward the interviewer or audience. His answers were direct and to the point without much of any emotional tone attached to it while answering criticism.

Maybe ATW hear screaming whenever a 'muslim' simply have a different POV on TV?

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm pretty much done with this thread. So there's no real point. I might read stuff. But I think everything has been said that needs to by all those involved.

17. fchowd0311

His comments about Sam Harris...

18. Nook

Nook Member

He was Muslim, then Christian and now Muslim again. He is married to a rich, white, Christian American CEO and his kids are being raised as secular.

FWIW I don't even think that he really believes in many Islamic values. He actually said that religions are all a road map to the same destination. There is no way in hell that an extremist would say that.

I cannot vouch for his credentials or anything of that sort. However I can say he seems about as secular a Muslim as you will find.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/10/03/cnn-host-reza-aslans-tone-demonstrated-why-peop/201008

Aslan is obviously a different type of fanatic. He is the propagandist that keeps referring to his alleged academic credentials. But when he got so angry and arrogant, he could not hide his fanatism.

Cuomo is exactly right. While Aslan is not running around decapitating people, he is totally fanatical about Islam. He is involved with the anonymous "loonwatch" site, if not actually the guy behind it. Nathan Lean works for him (and for an institute that is funded by the Saudis, which is a bit odd).