1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toys R Us ‘Breaks Bad’ with New Crystal Meth Toys

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mr. 13 in 33, Oct 20, 2014.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

http://time.com/money/3524670/toys-r-us-breaking-bad/

2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

These moms suck. Toys R Us has always sold action figures from R rated films and adult television. I can't understand an argument that a show involving meth ruining families really is any worse than Walking Dead zombie action figures or what have you. Children do not shop at these stores by themselves. Generally these action figures are for teenagers who shouldn't still have them and adult collector nerds. Take some damn responsibility and back off my toys!!!!

Also--Time is a joke. I've read better articles on the local rag's website.

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I'm not a fan of adults buying toys for themselves, but they shouldn't have to defer to the sensibilities of children in a public retail environment.

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Meh. Kids in this target age range experience a lot worse than seeing fake bags of crystal meth on toys in a toy store.

These mothers need to talk to their kids about real issues that their kids will encounter, such as peer pressure in instances of drugs, sex, various social situations (online and real life), etc. Get with the real world and leave the fake alone.

5. VanityHalfBlack

Why Toys R Us? The only people interested in buying it are, fans of the show or nerds. What about comic book stores?

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Time is not a joke, they've just had to spread themselves thin to maintain market share and fill an issue once riots, political assassinations and genocidal wars stopped happening in Western countries every other week.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol bag of toy crystal meth, **** no that shouldn't be in toys r us.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

F***in' soccer moms have to **** all over everything.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'm cool if it's real meth.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;Florida mom petitions against Toys 'R Us over Breaking Bad action figures.&quot; I'm so mad, I'm burning my Florida Mom action figure in protest</p>&mdash; Bryan Cranston (@BryanCranston) <a href="https://twitter.com/BryanCranston/status/524255816724275200">October 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bryan Cranston wins.

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Because adults do a lot of shopping at Toys R Us.

I'm pretty against toy meth though.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Are these toys worse than the spawn action figures my friends had when I was a child?

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

My wife is 37 weeks pregnant so we've been going to Baby's R Us / Toys R Us the past 3 weeks and these toys are put in the section with the Walking Dead, Sin City, RoboCop, etc. and other adult-themed shows and movies. The toys are located on the aisle with Transformers toys, sure, but it's separated with Sportspicks figures in between and is at the very end of the aisle.

15. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

If they don't like the toy ... then don't buy it for your kid. Your 6 year old shouldn't know what crystal meth is, shouldn't be able to drive to the Toys R Us and purchase it without you and shouldn't be interested in this type of action figure. If he does then you have a weird kid and you are a ****ty parent.

I can't imagine a kid walking through the store screaming for one of these:
    [​IMG]

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Somewhere I am laughing very hard at this

17. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

your six year old isn't going to run to the Breaking Bad isle to pick up the latest pantless Heisenburg figure.

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Bryan Cranston is the freaking man.

19. body slam

body slam Member

call me old school but I think a comic book or novelty store like Spencer's might be a more appropriate spot for these toys

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's a free market though. Why should Toys R' Us not be allowed to compete with Spencer's just because some soccer moms shop there? I do think there is a line that can't be crossed when it comes to certain consumer products, but a Heisenberg figurine surely doesn't come close to crossing it.