1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Million Dollar Bugatti Veyron in Galveston Marsh

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Shovel Face, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Shovel Face

Shovel Face Member

A man blamed is blaming a low-flying pelican and a dropped cell phone for his veering his million-dollar sports car off a road and into a salt marsh near Galveston. The accident happened about 3 p.m. Wednesday on the frontage road of Interstate 45 northbound in La Marque, about 35 miles southeast of Houston.

The Lufkin man told of driving his luxury, French-built Bugatti Veyron when the bird distracted him, said La Marque police Lt. Greg Gilchrist. The motorist dropped his cell phone, reached to pick it up and veered off the road and into the salt marsh. The car was half-submerged in the brine about 20 feet from the road when police arrived.

Gilchrist said he doesn't know if the car was salvageable, but in his words, "Salt water isn't good for anything." He says the man, whose identity hasn't been released, was not injured.

A 2006 Bugatti Veyron was recently offered for sale in Jonesboro, Ark., for $1.25 million.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zcom8_ArYA8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zcom8_ArYA8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://blogs.chron.com/newswatch/2009/11/highend_sports_car_takes_a_swi.html

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

If it's the new one, it's a 2 million dollar ride, and from what I've read there are only 16 in the US.

BTW-

Pelican- 1
    Bugatti/Moran- 0

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

4. g1184

g1184 Member

Did the airbags deploy?

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J5oZRwgTQLQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J5oZRwgTQLQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

6. Yak

Yak Member

"A man blamed is blaming a low-flying pelican and a dropped cell phone for his veering his million-dollar sports car off a road and into a salt marsh near Galveston."

I had to read this sentence a few times to understand what the hell this bloggist was trying to say.

Anyway, sucks for the guy.

7. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Yes, but because they were gold plated, the airbags did not help.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I crush you like animal! Come, you hit me again and I break you!

9. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

For a million dollars that car should be able to transform into a speed boat.
    But I guess that option wasn't available yet.

10. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

NOOOOOOOOO!!!

He paid a million dollars for the car but he couldn't get blue tooth or some kind of hands free set?

Top Gear is back on Sunday, I assume they'll be cracking on American's and Texans in general when they bring this up. "Looks like fat Bob dropped his phone because his hands were to greasy from the third Big Mac he was inhaling..." or something like that.

11. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

That's one way to get these beggars off the street.

12. LonghornFan

Nope. I've already seen the new Top Gear where they test the car to see if it can actually hit 250 MPH in Germany, and I won't spoil it. I'm a Top Gear w****, and let's just say...that episode had my heart pounding.

13. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Am I the only one that feels a kind of satisfaction inside to hear this? It's just obscene for anyone to be driving around in a million dollars.

14. updawg

updawg Member

wanna get away

to top it all off, he has to watch some fat redneck tow truck driver get it out. I can only imagine the comments. (although if he is from lufkin he is probably a bigger redneck)

15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

no, you aren't

the gearhead part of me feels bad for the guy, then the more rational part of me wonders what kind of idiot drops that kind of cash on a car. Im second guessing myself for looking at cars that cost 35K, I cant even imagine spending that kind of money on something that is as easily damaged or stolen as cars are.

16. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

yeah I thought guys from lufkin drive big ass king cab dually 4x4 trucks

17. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

Epic Fail anyone? Who takes that kind of car down by the water anyway?

18. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

karma sucks.... why on earth would drive around in a million dollar car using your fricken cell phone

19. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Erm, the one where Captain Slow aka James May takes a Veyron out on the Nuremberg Ring and hits 253 mph???

20. LonghornFan

OK, Now I know UVerse is ****ing me up the rear. I had to download it via torrents. Has it already been shown on TV? The ones on Uverse are like a year behind! :mad:

FMTVL!

Now I cannot wait to hear what Jeremy has to say about this. His hate of the US and the South. Gonna be epic FAIL!