1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Training Camp Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jet Blast, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I'd pick Ricardo. I think he'd see time in the rotation. Meanwhile, if everything went right (no injuries) then you might not see a 6th WR at all.

2. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I think MikeT gets cut before Labhart.

3. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

gotta admit, when I first read where he says "gonna miss HOU gm"; my 1st thought was THEY GOT RID OF RICK?!?!?!?!

[​IMG]

4. conquistador#11

there is something magical about short white receivers that catch everything in the slot that makes me want one on the team!
    hoping labhart makes it!

5. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

6. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I know right! They are "sneaky quick" and have the best fundamentals :cool:

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

...and get hit in the head a lot

8. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

As long as he is not David Anderson....

9. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Labhart.

But, I would find a way to keep Matthews if I felt I could not sneak him on the practice squad.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Arian Foster doesn't hate the local media, he just thinks they have boring questions

[rQUOTEr]The battles that Arian Foster fights off the field change every day.

He’s fighting one against childhood obesity. Another against the NCAA. And then of course, there’s his battles with the press.

So how does Foster end up with his consistent publicized run-ins with the press like the one earlier this preseason when he answered each question that he was just trying to be a good teammate this year?

“I only have that reputation with the local media, the Houston media here it’s they ask really mundane questions and when I give them mundane answers they get upset with me,” he said. “When you’ve been in the same city — it will be six years [in Houston], you get the same questions and I feel like as reporters it’s your job to write your story, not have your interviewee write your story and so I kind of hold them accountable to that and they get really upset.

“Especially when I was injured I just didn’t have anything to say so I thought if you don’t have anything to say why should you have to talk? And they felt differently.”[/rQUOTEr]

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

While Arian's ego can barely fit in the locker room with him, I do agree with him here. The local media is complete and utter garbage. I honestly can't think of ONE reporter who has redeemable qualities in terms of their journalism. Mark Berman might be the king of local scoops, but nationally, he's not even on the radar. When Richard Justice is the national face of your local media, that should tell you everything you need to know.

1 person likes this.
  12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think Arian is full of it. The same "mundane" questions get asked repeatedly in every NFL city to players who have been in the same place for 2, 4, 6, 10+ years.

He needs to just shut up, quit whining about the local media and produce on the field when the season starts. I like the silent Arian more than the blowhard who loves to hear himself talk.

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

How is Blue's receiving skills?

14. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Better yet, let him go to NY and deal with the other side of the media. One reporter showing up at his house is nothing compared to the onslaught he'd have received if he was playing for the Jets or Giants. Houston isn't the place where players should be complaining about the media. Especially a player who has been injured more than he's been healthy for the last few years.

15. Remii

Remii Member

Don't know if they ask better questions but they may write better articles...
    But ESPN talks covers those teams a lot (the national media in general) so Foster would probably love it there.

16. conquistador#11

yeah it's not about the lame questions. he's made it personal. it's payback for stalking his house when he was banging the white hot chick. he should just tell them," man, i didn't apprieciate you doing that man, so now I will not answer your questions, man."

17. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Based on what we have seen on the field so far, Labhart.. of course, it only matters what the coaches have seen throughtout camp, although from all reports, they have been impressed with him.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I agree with Arian completely on this one, in fact he has been winning me over since he started doing this stuff, I like it. Houston media both act and write like a bunch of 2nd graders for the most part, they are incompetent, clueless, yet arrogant. I'm someone that takes a lot of pride in my writing skills, the houston media puts forth very little effort or research when it comes to anything they vomit into an article

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>texans cut fullback toben opurum according to a source</p>&mdash; Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/statuses/505369510673543168">August 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

that dude is missing his calling as a magician