1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Beavis Stiffler

I was wondering the Dynamo have former players like Geoff Cameron and Stuart Holden currently playing in England. Why can't they contact them and tell them to recruit and convince the players from the Premier League and the Championship League that Houston is a good place to play.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You must be joking.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Because compared to the Premiership and Championship League, it's not??

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

You mean the Championship? Compared to the Championship it's very similar. Obvy no comparison to the Prem.

Financially though, the Championship still pays a higher average salary than what one gets in MLS.

Still, not up to Cameron and Holden to do the recruiting. That's not their jobs. It's up to the people who have that as part of their pay grade. Those people earning Dynamo paychecks that are sposed to be doing that, aren't doing a good job.

5. Fyreball

I can't speak as to what the players might want, but if it were me, I'd much rather play professional soccer in England, where there would simply be more eyes and ears on the game than over here. The casual sports fan can't even list you 10 teams in the MLS whereas in England, even teams in the Championship have great fan support. When you get down in the 3rd and 4th levels, that's where the MLS has them trumped. But as far as overall experience goes, I think the MLS (outside of Seattle, Columbus, and perhaps a few others) still has a LONG way to go. They are on the rise though, and once teams can start offering players more money (not just the few bona fide All-Stars, but the role players as well), the overall quality in the game will take a massive jump.

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Bruin is an absolute chump for not finishing that 2nd goal

But good win nonetheless

7. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

I was at the game and came to post this ^^.. We won but geeez you can't be missing those golden opportunities.

8. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Time is now to go on a run. Hope the guys have one in them. Could be getting it together at just the right time!!

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Bruin opens up the game again by a blown one on one opportunity with the goalie......smh

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

And David Horst hands Columbus a goal, what a surprise......

11. Beavis Stiffler

Not surprised by this. sigh. :(

Looking at the standings, the Dynamo had a chance to close the gap by 2-3 pts. but after tonight's poor performance plus NY Red Bulls winning today and taking care of their own business, that lead is now 6-7 pts. for the final playoff spot in the East.

12. ferrari77

I lol'd. Ah the 2014 Houston Dynamo. It's been real.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

yep, it's over

2 bad seasons in the history of the franchise ain't bad I guess. We're spoiled really, despite the organizational flaws

btw, where was beasley tonight?

14. ferrari77

He was at the match; he just didn't play.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>DaMarcus Beasley just told me he had some discomfort in hamstring. Said it was 'nothing serious' &amp; he expects to play next wk. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Dynamo?src=hash">#Dynamo</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MLS?src=hash">#MLS</a></p>&mdash; Sebastian Salazar (@SebiSalazarCSN) <a href="https://twitter.com/SebiSalazarCSN/statuses/503325549662863360">August 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Beavis Stiffler

16. Fyreball

17. ferrari77

Uh you ok bro? Robert Kraft gets it done "again"???
    NE Revolutions would look at you crazy and slap you silly for saying that to them because they'd think you were mocking them.

The Krafts are fantastic NFL owners but notorious for being cheapskates with their MLS team.

Still, I get your point re. the Dynamo but trust me a lot of Revs fans would've traded places with Dynamo fans easily. I'm more worried about FC Dallas. They've rebounded well from Schellas' retirement and have found a lovely coach in Pareja. I wouldn't put it past them to land some more quality Dplayers in the next season or so while the Dynamo FO continue to do what they do.:(

18. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What a bush league way to determine where a player signs.

19. Fyreball

Yeah, you're right. I let my opinion of them as NFL owners influence how they've run the Revs. But, honestly, it could have been anybody. The Dynamo were clearly in play for a DP, but didn't want to pony up the cash to bring someone of consequence to the team.

#399 Fyreball, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  20. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Jones is a quality player but just like the Beasley/Garrido signings it would only be spending money and not addressing our weaknesses.