1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Rowdy story from the LA game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by krosfyah, Jan 11, 2007.

1. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

:) So one of the most fun parts about being a Rowdy is playing teams like LA, Dallas, SA, Philly (when AI was there) because those are teams that draw a lot of fans that wear opposing jerseys. So we ALWAYS lambast them every chance we get. We're cool about it cause we don't touch them or use profanity but we use every other tool at our disposal. :D

So last night, Clutch the Bear comes up our aisle and is spraying silly string on fans wearing LA jerseys. A couple rows down he gets this couple and the woman stands up and starts screaming at Clutch ...honestly pissed off. So we layed into her ...HARD! For probably 5 minutes solid we chanted all sorts of stuff at her like "SORE LOSSER" and whatnot. In the meantime, secuirty comes over to console her where she proceeds to berate him too. Finally she turns around and gives us the finger. :)

15 minutes later when most of us ...but not all... stopped giving her grief, she gets up and runs up the stairs. Moments later HPD comes down to tell us to stop throwing things. I was sitting very close the the woman. Not a single person ever threw anything at her.

Then after the blow-out was inevitable, they get up to leave and they have to take the walk of shame up our aisle. So we naturally lay into them ...yet again. She simply held up her middle finder all the way up the aisle. :D ahhh.....good times.

As another side story:
    Last game we gave Laker fans a bunch of crap for wearing #8 jerseys. There were a lot of them. This game, there wern't nearly as many #8 jerseys. :) We obviously shamed them.

:D

2. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

Yes not ALL!!! ;)

3. Highwire

Highwire Member

Great qoute! :)

4. mexican

mexican Member

did you see those laker fans that were up on the screen give the finger when clutch spraypainted a rocket's jersey over them on the screen? how classy of the guy to do that :rolleyes:

and were you guys at the flying saucer before the game? i saw some of you guys when i walked in by the entrance

5. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

lakers and rockets would be in Western final.

6. krosfyah

Yup, we were there for about 15 minutes.

7. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

Was she hot?

8. VicVictory

VicVictory Member

HAHA, this is nice and how it needs to be done. Show other folks that when you wear the opposing teams jersey, you're in a night for verbal assault. It's going to make them think twice about wearing a jersey that is not Houston.

9. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Yeah, I was cracking up watching those two leave

10. qrui

qrui Member

oh did she? and what was that again? :D j/k.

11. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Well, if you're wearing the opponents jersey you might as well have the decency to sit in the back row.... otherwise you get what you deserve.

12. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's all pretty pointless and stupid....

I don't go to the game to watch what a dude in a bear suit does or to hassle paying customers because they like a different team than I do.

13. krosfyah

Uh, we are definately stupid ...but don't call us pointless. ;)

We do. We don't just go to the games to watch ...we participate. That's our job.

14. Sextuple Double

No profanity!!?? Lame. Once the bird was flipped she was supposed to get verbally laid out.

15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Great job Rowdies. Keep up the good work!!!!

16. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

Your job?

Let's just say the free tickets are your pay, I doubt you're getting paid to belittle or hassle other customers. I think you'd be getting the tickets in return for cheering for and encouraging the team.

17. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

Don't you think you're being a little harsh? Ok, that's not what you like to do at the games...but if others think that's fun, and you have to admit it is, and they're not hurting anyone...lay off. No one is forcing you to join in.

18. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

haha great stuff! Don't worry about what a few selected people say. You do what you need to do to be rowdies and most of us will laugh along and be right there with you!

Meanwhile, we're looking for tickets to the Phoenix Suns game around that section area!

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I actually agree to an extent. She paid for the tickets, and she should be able to use them anyway she wants without being hassled

If I went to San Antonio with my Tmac jersey, I wouldn't want to get hassled about a mob of fans. You should have respect for other paying customers.

20. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

Harsh behavior, would be a bunch of overgrown kids chanting a bunch of silly crap at a woman just because they think it makes them a super fan.

It was fun...when I was 6.

Lay off what. If I want to express my viewpoint in a place created for expressing viewpoints, I'm gonna do it.