1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Bun B on the Rockets (ESPN's First Take)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by filamswag, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

because thats the last thing howard should be doing. lebron is focused him and tv show dont belong in the sam sentence

2. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Completely disagree. I've seen Lebron at other sporting events during the season. That's a couple hours out of his schedule where he's not devoting towards basketball. That's Ok, but dwight using that same time for this is not? It's not like Dwight is doing them now. And if he is, then I take all this back.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

LOL some of you people literally take things to darn serious. Why is it so important to you on anybody's qualification. They selected him because of his love for the Rockets and he is a well know celebrity out of PA Texas. He did a darn good job giving his opinion on the Rockets. He said everybody needs to step up their defense and not just Harden. Lillard went off and LMA had a career high. And if you want to see a commentator who covers the Rockets for a living go to CSN Comcast dude. LOL some people on here a trip 4 real.

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Man that was apart of the sales pitch. LA was talking about him starring in Movies down there.

Another thing that is not what his focus is on dude. He only does it around twice a month during the regular season and none during the playoffs.

5. RCPM

RCPM Member

I'm sorry, but who the hell is bun b?

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Child of Bun A.

Also... I don't watch First Take as a matter of principle, but I hope he repped Houston well.

7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The only reason of ESPN first take to get Bun B on their show is to find another chance to attack Howard.

Skip hates Howard to the gut, so does that ugly chick host (butthurt Lakers fan). SAS is a bit better because Howard gave him an interview before.

You can check back on all the First Take tapes about the Rockets, its so funny to see most if not all of of Skip's idiotic comments.

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

9. slimmy

slimmy Member

Why so serious...

I grew in the H and I love Bun B. UGK help put Houston on the map in regards to hip hop, and I for one am happy that we can be represented by something more than cows, cowboy hats and boots. You don't have to like him but I think most can agree that we want our city represented in a positive light, and Bun does that. He doesn't come off as the typical "rapper" and that is truly refreshing when you hear most of the these dudes talk. Guy has done a ton for the community and reps every HTown sports team to the fullest. Is he suppose to talk down on Harden/Howard? I don't think so, only b/c he probably sees these guys on a regular basis and why bashed these guys when there is enough of it on here, Houston radio/TV and national TV?! That wouldn't be a good look for him and his relationship to any team in Houston. And, we are ALL homers, hence being a member of this site. So calm down with the insults people, there's a important playoff game tonight and that is what we krunk about!

Real Rockets fans stand up!!!

10. reliableman

reliableman Member

This. Hahahaha.

11. Joe-House

Joe-House Rookie

Salvy thinks rap is good music. Brain washed fool

h<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GXQ2T_FR8Nk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Gertso

Gertso Member

I haven't followed rap in forever and even when I did it was on a very casual level. You should all be ashamed for not knowing who Bun B is.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You pick one of the crappiest songs to represent rap. Nice job.:rolleyes:

14. Handles

Handles Member

I love rap music, but anything by soulja boy suuuuuuuucks terribly.

15. Joe-House

Joe-House Rookie

that's what I was aiming for

here's not great example of great music piece in Human history. Hendrix would be so proud.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EbW2UK0b7fQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thanks a lot Joe. Now i hate rap.

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

Salvy thinks good rap is good music. What Bun B, DJ Screw, Lil Flip and Slim Thug to name a few did for Houston in the rap music scene was amazing. Just because there are rappers out there that suck does not mean that Bun B sucks. There are rock bands and pop singers out there that suck as well but you cant define a genre as bad music based on an artist. That's like saying the NBA sucks because Utah Jazz.....

Still what you have is an opinion that matters no more than any other opinion. Unless you are qualified to make an opinion on music, so tell me what are your qualifications other than what you like and don't like. Do you have a reason why rap music is not good music and why people who enjoy good rap music are just simply brain washed? Is there a reason why the lyrics of a rap song are not equal to the lyrics of a rock song or any other genre for that matter? Get over yourself bro, your opinion is not any better than someone who says rap music is better than any other music.

18. TheJet

TheJet Member

I hold a music degree and have been a professional musician for over 20 years. There's nothing wrong with liking what you like.

And for the record I do enjoy some rap and appreciate what the local guys have done for the genre.

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

It looks like I am going to have to bust it up in here.

20. ryandoc

ryandoc Member

Never said Bun B was more "qualified", just stated that he was on the show last year, so they decided to bring him back as a guest. If you think SAS & Skip are the most qualified, then I'm sorry but LOL at you, bud