1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anxiety disorder ruining the life of a top NBA prospect, the footage on Draft day

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by damionjames, Nov 15, 2012.

Tags:
  1. damionjames

damionjames Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BRUS6QBiViQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Was lurking on reddit when i found this. Feel bad for the guy.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

3. Dei

Dei Member

I like how he says "I'm scared" with a big grin.

4. SacTown

SacTown Member

Wow so if the Rockets didn't take him at 18 he's slipping out of the first round completely? And it was Mchale's choice and not Morey?

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We landed on the moon?

6. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

So Morey is not responsible for white pick. Oh oh.

7. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Man he has sick handles in that video

8. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

sorry but hasn't this been posted like a million times?

9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

the fact that the video was posted on

Published on Sep 4, 2012

that is correct, more than 2 months :)

10. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

This is actually the first time I saw the video. Man I hope he overcomes. "They took a chance on me, they didn't have to. It says something about people." Royce I hope you can have that feeling again, not everyone will be for you. But if you truly want to be someone that can be an inspiration to others with your dis-order, try your best to overcome the negatives.

11. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

This dude is nothing but a big scam artist. If the NBA lifestyle was really so stressful on him, he would give the money back and go on about his life. He's all about the $ and is playing this thing out trying to get some type of lawsuit.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Here's my problem....

I'm all for Royce trying to be a role model and be an example for people with his illness. A "voice" for those people if you will....

But what example is he setting? He's acted completely unproffessional during this situation. All he's done is blast the Rockets on Twitter like a child, refused to show up to organized meetings and appointments, and last but not least, he's not showing up to some basketball related events either!

Right now he's not setting an example of somebody who's overcoming his obstacles and bettering himself. Right now all he's doing is using his disorder as an excuse to walk through life and expect people to cater to your lifestyle on the drop of a dime.

I was really supportive of his situation at the beginning, and while I still am, I'm losing support each and every day he goes on with these childish Twitter rants and the skipping of meetings and such.

That's not something related to his disorder....That's just being high maintenance.

13. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I really hope the best for the guy. He's a good kid. He just has an unfortunate disorder. He has so much potential and could and up being a decent NBA talent. Hopefully he can overcome his illness and be successful in the League whether if it's with Houston or another team. No matter what happens, I truly wish the best for the man.

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Rockets didn't pick him at 18.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Learn from this and no disorder pick again

16. slickster

slickster Member

I sympathize with him, but he's paid to do a job. Either do the job or quit. Done.

17. Akim523

Akim523 Member

I felt happy for this kid after the draft and I really hoped he proves everyone wrong...But he was defeated completely.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I experience panic attacks every single day, they are bad but most of the people around me would never guess it since I have conditioned myself. Its not easy but its doable.