1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Options for the 1st Pick

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Spacemoth, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Trade with Atl ad get their second rounder and their first rounder next year. Plus we give them our 4th for their 3rd.

Round 1 Pick 6-Greg Robinson
    Round 2 Pick 1-Ryan Shazier or CJ Mosely (IMO one of these 2 backers will fall)
    Round 2 Pick 5-Dee Ford
    Round 3 pick 1- Bishop Sankey
    Round 3 pick 4- Austin Jenkins

Now this is not the sexiest draft but I go off of the idea that none of our star players right now will be around when we get back to contention in a couple years (Johnson, Foster, Joseph)

Adding Shazier (somewhere inside) and then Ford (outside in the 3-4) give us speed and the ability to focus on the secondary next year. IMO that needs to be seriously rebuilt.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i feel like for clowney, atlanta would have to do better. Pick 6 is the cut off for really elite players in this draft:

watkins
    Mack
    Clowney
    Matthews
    Robinson
    #6....

I think we should be looking to grab Manziel if he's sitting there at 6. Mack and Clowney will be gone. As much as i think we need a RT, i think we can get a good one in round 2, or 3, so i'd rather grab the face of our franchise for the next 10 years, and Manziel has some magic and a special skill-set.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

excuse the double post.

everyone is assuming ATL, but if you think about Jax, they might really want Mack or Clowney. They need a pass rush badly and they have a defensive coach from Seattle. Everyone keeps projecting Greg Robinson to STL at #2, but i'm not so sure. I think Fisher loves defense and if they have Mack rated #2 on the board, there's a solid chance they take him (or trade with another team that wants to move up to get the best 3-4 pass rusher in the draft). So JAX may have an incentive to move up a spot or two.

Plausible?

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Plausible? Sure, but I'd be stunned if the Rams went pass rush with their top pick. They already have a pretty dominant pass rush with Chris Long and Robert Quinn, and it'd be pretty stunning if they added another one given their holes at OL, WR, and even QB if they want to take that risk. I think Robinson or Watkins have to be the picks for St. Louis. I think the Jags will be more than happy to stick at 3 and take either Clowney, Mack, Watkins, or Robinson.

I think Atlanta is by far the most likely trade partner. Maybe Buffalo and maybe Cleveland could make a move, too. But the NFL Draft always goes so whacky once it actually starts and moves you'd never expect go down, it's hard to project.

1 person likes this.