1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gay Rights: Kansas moves backwards

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Major, Feb 13, 2014.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

The butt hurt is strong in this one. Sorry, you lose. Again.

3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Man! That Obama is GOOD. Getting all those libs to bring these bills up in state legislatures.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

The law had nothing to do with gays, it just said people shouldn't be forced to do something that violates their religious beliefs.

5. dback816

dback816 Member

I'm sure some wedding company owner was eagerly waiting for his to deny service to unwed mothers to be legalized.

6. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Of course it does, they are being discriminated against.

On top of that where exactly does doing business or interacting with people who violate your religious beliefs come up in the bible? Jesus was hanging out with prostitutes and sinners all over the place. Plus, who are you to judge the people for their actions, amirite?

7. Commodore

If someone doesn't want to cater a gay wedding (or a Christian wedding), I have no desire to force them to. Compulsion sucks. Making people do something they don't want to do is the definition of bullying.

Couldn't tell you, I'm not religious. I imagine they believe catering a wedding is a tacit endorsement of the event.

Of course you should judge people for their actions. Our actions define us.

Feel free to pass judgment on a caterer that doesn't want to participate in a gay wedding. Just don't force them to.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Participating in something you're paid for is called work. You're not being forced to work, you're being paid to work.

9. Commodore

It's still force, payment just makes it indentured servitude.

Should a bakery owned by a gay person be forced to cater a Westboro Baptist Church event, if they were asked to do so?

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

If they own a business that serves the public then yes. That's the law.

LOL unindentured servitude. You wonder why people think you're crackpots.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Jim Crow had nothing to do with race, just water fountain hygeine and efficient bus on/off loading.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I find it funny that the language of these bills always stipulates that discrimination is only allowed if you are doing so under the auspices of religious belief. It's like they're saying to the non-religious: screw your values, they're not as important.

13. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

14. Major

Major Member

So I take it you oppose all forms of regulation? Requiring financial companies to maintain reserves is compulsion. Requiring workplace safety standards, food quality requirements, etc - all things you oppose, I assume?