1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How you put that Disgusting team performance behind you

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, May 5, 2015.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

I drank a ton. And now I can't stop pooping.

2. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

quit reading at "obi"

That said, I put it behind me when I saw what was happening the last three minutes. Normally I watch games again to see details without the anticipation and drama of watching live. this one I knew better. Turble. No way they play like that again, regardless what happens.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Egg Rolls and Bourbon.

4. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

I popped some muscle relaxers and zanex pills and passed out till today and now ima smoke a fat one to get me ready for tonight... Go ROX

Ps I don't do drugs

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

[​IMG]

Just a joke. I am not a drug user.

1 person likes this.
  6. solid

solid Contributing Member

For the Rockets to act like they care?

1 person likes this.
  7. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Just play. Play how a team with this talent should. I was watching the GSW-MEM game last night and even though the Warriors lost, every possession every player was clearly playing very hard, and putting 100% effort. Same for Memphis, and it clearly paid off. I see us get so lethargic, jogging back on defense, standing around. I remember one play where blake griffin got a wide open mid ranger, literally with nobody around him early in the game because T.jones went to double off a pick, and it took him like 8 seconds to get back to his man.. like he literally just walked back to him. Put some pressure on them. Don't jog, SPRINT. Play like you want it. Let's win this ****.

8. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

Let me combine all that for you: By winning.

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

You say playing "very hard" and I say forcing shots and trying to do too much.
    Klay was criticized heavily bc he was 'forcing the issue' (offense) too much.
    There was one possession where he jacked up a one-legged 3 pt shot and later after GSW board, on that same possession- he went up for a dunk and rimmed it out. One-leg 3 pt shot?????smh. He attacked the hole a few possessions later and missed. He was not playing in the flow of the offense, he was forcing bricks every which way but loose.

10. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You go to they gym carbed up and do a killa chest workout

12. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

To get a life..

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Lana Del Rey concert tomorrow should be dope, oh and um winning tonight I guess.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

At least split the two games coming up in LA and take back home court. Anything else is mumbo-jumbo, in my humble opinion.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yup. Win 2 of 3 and we're siting pretty. It'll be tough, but doable if the Rockets care enough. Shame we have to question that at this point.

16. SemisolidSnake

Personally, I'd like to see Prigioni start instead of Terry and handle the facilitation. Prigs was a +7 last game (best on the team) where Terry was a -23 (worst on the team, just edging Harden who was -22). Smith didn't look great, but he was a +3, and he's our only PF with established defensive chops to guard Griffin. TJ needs to be coming off the bench; he's lost the starting spot. I'm not sure if I'd start Smith, though. I'd be super excited see Capela (the only other + on the team last game) start at the 4, and have he and Dwight play a Twin Towers. You'd have a lob threat on the either side of the basket every time. For the bench unit, I'd actually let Smith run the offense from the 4 or 5 and let Terry go back to shooting threes, which is what he does. Josh could probably find a slashing Brewer half a dozen times and a breaking Brewer another half a dozen times. We need facilitators and Prigioni and Smith fit the bill the best. Harden's being too sloppy trying to assist, and it's taking away from scoring chances for him.

Of course none of this will actually happen, but what DID happen last game is that any semblance of offensive tactics the Rockets actually employ fell apart like unset Jello. Terry wasn't being the go-to three-shooter he's been all season. Harden's partially running the offense, but he's forgetting that the main part of him running the offense is drawing players to him and either scoring or passing to an open man. Didn't see too many effective pick and rolls. TJ won't stop putting the ball on the ground missing half a dozen or so layups, and Harden won't stop bounce passing to our big guys (and frequently turning it over in the process).

Dwight's trying out there, but no one's giving him enough lobs or PnR's, and he's having to get a lot of second change points. Jordan is coming off of him when people drive, so if that doesn't change, we should lob Lob City to death. At the very least, I'd like to have Prigs out there with Harden, because he's smart and can keep the floor spaced enough to possibly open up James or Dwight for assisted scoring attempts. Let the one real point guard you have on your team be your counter to the team with an actual offensive system in place and the best point guard in the league.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When the going gets tough the tough get going

18. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

How did I cope with the Rockets loss? With Listeria of course... :(

j/k

19. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

I'm mainly talking about defense. From start to finish they are sprinting. I see too much jogging and walking.

20. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Hope the guys know we've already hit our quota of ONE no-effort game every playoff series.

Don't make us fans turn on you, team! Play hard and play together. This is just basketball. Whatever they throw at you, I'm sure you've already seen it in your X years of playing.