1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Completely pointless waste of a season for the third year in a row!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Phillyrocket, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Absolute waste of time. NOTHING was gained and for the third season in a row we are too bad to get in the playoffs and too good to get a top difference making pick.

I love the Rockets and have been a fan since the twin towers but as of today the Rockets are the worst team in the NBA, again. At least teams like the Bobcats have some young talent and a top lotto pick. We have nothing but mediocre players that we delusionally hype into believing are stars when they never have been, never will be nor do they ever deserve to be.

I tried to illustrate this mindset in my sig and you can see it everyday on this board.

Flame away folks.

2 people like this.
  2. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

1st full year without Yao taking up a third of the cap space

1 person likes this.
  3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Do you like basketball. I like it so I go to games.

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Lol exactly. People want this done overnight?

5. Genuine

Genuine Member

I tend to agree.

I absolutley HATE having the best record of the non-playoff teams and picking LAST in the lottery, AGAIN.

Not in the playoffs. Not a good draft pick. Yeah, I agree. Sucks.

6. Raven

Raven Member

I agree with you, but this issued has been debated to death.

7. inishi

inishi Member

Anytime I get to see scolas hair streaming behind him, glistening with sweat and his man musk as he glides down the court for a fast break, I consider that a win. So i really don't get your point.

8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

You know how I know you're gay?:p:grin:

1 person likes this.
  9. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

NOTHING... except for the development of Parsons into a high level role player with star potential that can make big shots and the breakaway all star type year from Goran Dragic who wants to be in Houston.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Cool Brory Sto.

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

you are totally on the money, OP. But too bad everyone knows this 500 times over already and its almost like we are all so numb to this.

3 years of absolutely nothing.

but don't worry, your thread might not spark enough ammo right now, but if the rockets made the 8th seed then a whole bunch of people would come out and go."told you we shouldn't tank!!" waah!" . It is up to Morey to take risks and fool Les in the process. I'm sure Morey knows he can pretend to compete wholeheartedly while actually trying to tank, but I don't think Morey really cares. Morey just cares about his own job and reputation and thats it.

Morey needs to big some "big name" trades, i.e. trading for supposedly "name" stars who are over the hill or just chuckers who don't really defend, like Monta Ellis or Corey Maggette. Or trade for oft-injured stars like Andrew Bogut who are not likely to play more than 40 games a season. Then he can go around and say to Les,"hey look I'm trying to upgrade the team to compete, while the likes of Ellis and/or Maggette put up huge numbers while guiding the team to loss after loss. Morey needs to stop going for guys who are winners, like Parsons or Camby, because those are the guys that make the team almost Spurs-boring while squeezing out win after win.

if it were up to me, i would recommend morey trade away the guys who are actually winners, like lowry and scola, in return for big-time "stats" guys like Monta Ellis, Brandon Jennings, Chris Kaman, Jamal Crawford, etc. Those guys will make the team "seem" completely competent with massive stats and brand power, and thus increasing their own trade-value while at the same time giving us our much-needed losses.

a lineup of

jennings
    ellis
    maggette
    scola
    kaman

that team will put up 120+ points per game while giving up about 55 losses. thats enough to put ppl in the stands and give us a top 5 pick.

only other way is trade away everyone for nothing and tank. but that will not be happening under the Les regime

12. skyline07

skyline07 Member

well just be patient, the time of the Rockets will come, I just think this season was the final nail to the coffin that we need to get a super star or make some change, because this is just not working.

13. rocketkid713

rocketkid713 Member

lmao :grin:

14. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I'd hardly call it a waste. After all, without the season we'd never have gotten to read this kickass thread!

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

lol, so you'd basically rather be the bobcats, the worst team in NBA history by winning percentage than the Rockets? You'd rather have MJ leading your team making personnel decisions?

Good luck with that.

16. Nook

Nook Member

I don't think people want to be great over night, and I don't blame the GM, but this was ANOTHER wasted year. We get to pick in the middle of the first round AGAIN. Because the owner doesn't want to rebuild we miss on players like Davis, Cousins, Rubio etc. which would be be Rockets if we would simply rebuild.

It was so predictable, they even won a meaningless game today, costing them a lottery position... Watch us miss a player we want by one spot.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So a boy walks by a wooden fence and on the other side all he hears is someone repeating the words 14, 14, 14, 14.....over and over.

He sees a whole in the fence, takes a peak and a stick pokes him in the eye and he hears...15...15...15....

Moral to the story, mind your own business......

But 14....14....14.....****ING SUCKS BALLS !

DD

18. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

What have we achieved as a team since the demise of YAO? - Absolutely nothing.

Where are we as a team since YAO? - Absolutely nowhere.

Oh well. Next season.

19. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I called it from the beginning of the season... unless we would have blown up the team and tanked (although it wouldn't be tanking if you have nothing but scrubs), we would get the #14 pick again. This season would have been the best season ever to tank... deep draft picks and an already shortened season.

What a joke.

1 person likes this.
  20. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Morey is a joke. one year after one year, same team, same thing, same sucks.

2 people like this.