1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets please re-sign Pig to a two-year deal worth two million dollars

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DJ, Aug 15, 2000.

1. DJ

DJ Member

I would like to see the Rockets re-sign Anthony "Pig" Miller. Pig is good because he hustles for loose balls, he plays great defense, he rebounds, he has a very good work ethic and he doesn't demand to much. I really feel if Pig gets at least 30 minutes a game he can average a double-double. In one game against the Warriors Pig had 19 points and 12 rebounds in 30 minutes of playing time. Pig deserves more minutes than he is getting because he averages almost 5 rebounds in only 13 minutes

------------------

2. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

DJ - gotta agree with you about Pig's work ethic and hustle. Unfortunately, he may be the odd man out as it may come down to Pig vs Collier for a roster spot. Collier is younger, has more range, and can play some PF. Probably they will sign Pig and keep him around (on the IR) just in case Dream is forced into an early retirement with the respiratory condition. Things will be real tough for Pig if we sign Mo Taylor.

------------------
    GATER

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I think Pig is well worth the NBA minimum.... anything more than that is craziness!!!

DJ, are you Pig Miller? Is that why you want 2mill for 2 years [​IMG]

------------------

4. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Although personally I like Pig just fine, there is NO WAY that he would average a double-double. The guy has very little shooting touch (if any at all), and it's awfully difficult to score ten points a game with just dunks (unless you're Kelvin Cato).

------------------
    Jazzkiller

5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Although he did an admirable job last season, Anthony Miller should NOT be on the Rockets' roster this year. Besides Olajuwon, Cato, and Collier, the Rockets also have an investment in Tyrone Washington, who played relatively well in the summer leagues. He is a young center who can rebound, and he would be more worthwhile to have on the roster for a young, rebuilding team. Not to say that he will make the final roster, either, but I'd like to give him a chance if a spot opens up later due to injury. Besides, we don't want to sign ANYBODY to more than a one-year deal right now (except for maybe Taylor).

------------------

6. RocketExpert

RocketExpert Member

Pig Miller did not even make the team last year. He only was brought back after half the team became injured. He is a great guy, but he has CBA type talent.

------------------
    -The expert has spoken, so shut up and try to comprehend the truth.

7. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

With minutes, the guy is Dennis Rodman without the troubles, salary and defensive player of the year award. His D is adequate though, and I'd trade the on/off court problems and defense for his cheap price and rebounding.

If you're playing Shaq, <U>maybe</U> you want Collier out there on the perimeter. If you're playing against Olden Polynice, maybe you want Pig in there grabbing boards.

Pig is our best rebounder, hands down. I can't see the value in not having him signed. You never know what's going to happen. Maybe Dream's season is cut short. Maybe Collier is a complete bust.

If Collier turns out to be a project, and we sign Taylor, it'd be nice to have a forward that can rebound. Pig doesn't hurt the team offensively either, unlike Kenny Thomas. There are certainly things to consider, and all things considered, he'd be nice to have.

If we make a run for the playoffs, Pig could be a nice role player. If it's another rebuilding year, maybe he spends most of the year on IR to give KT and Collier the PT.

Who's a better option for your 14th roster spot? (or do we get 15?)

------------------
    Bad spellers of the world: UNTIE!

8. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

So the three centers we want to keep are Dream (who may not be able to breathe), Cato (who never has even worked up a sweat in a NBA game), & Collier. Collier is unproven and could be the second best player we took in the draft. I don't like Collier and although he has not even played in a regular season game, i would venture to say he will dissappoint.
    I like Pig, he is not the most talented but at least he plays hard. Maybe Cato can learn something from him.

------------------