1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel declares unilateral cease-fire in Gaza LMAO

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by astros148, Jan 17, 2009.

1. astros148

astros148 Member

lmfao is this a fcking joke? does israel think they can just go around and declare when there done "playing" with the Palestinians? its okay to go and kill 1000 Palestinians majority being civilians then just expect hamas to lay down and just imagine everything is back to normal

jewish propaganda FTW!

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

honestly this proves that no matter what israel does people will criticize. i'm guessing by your post, astros148, you were against what israel was doing. so they stopped and you're against that idea to?

hammas fired rockets. israel retaliated. israel declares they will stop if hammas stops... and you think hammas should continue to attack? it's in their peoples best interest to stop before anyone else gets killed. however, hammas is willing to lose the lives of their own people.

i understand feeling bad for the palestinians, but everyone should agree that calling to end the fighting on both sides was the right move by israel.

3. astros148

astros148 Member

are you stupid? Hamas did not fire one rocket into israel during the ceasefire, thus Israel according to the Ceasefire they signed in June, were suppose to loosen the embargo and blockade which they NEVER did.

what are you talking about?

4. astros148

astros148 Member

All this is that israel was loosing their support from around the world. By making the ceasefire, that Hamas already said something about the war not being over, Israel will have the "right" to bomb gaza again, thus continuing the offensive, now with more support from other countries

5. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Here's the thing with Gaza, the people their have no realistic way to live a normal life due to the embargo and occupation of Israel (and now bombing). I mean if I was living under the condition there, and the two choices are:

Potentially face death everyday while living a life devoid of basic necessities due to actions of Israel

or

Potentially face death everyday while living a life devoid of basic necessities due to actions of Israel but get to fire rockets at Israel

Option number two starts to look a lot better the more grim the average Palestinian life is. You will always win more with the carrot then the stick. If you trap an animal into the corner, you have two choices: kill the animal or give it room to get away from the corner. Otherwise the animal will probably attack viciously even though it knows no good will come out of it. Now if Israel is not evil and uncivilized, it will choose the latter option and help Palestine instead of hindering it.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

stop it children

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if you cant have an adult conversation, then stop posting.

8. astros148

astros148 Member

lol.... adults dont post false information...

so thanks

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whatever the reason for Israel to declare the cease fire it was a good move, although a bit late, and Hamas should take this time to look towards improving the lives of Gazans instead of plotting revenge. I somehow doubt they will.

10. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Did you really expect an adult response?

You've been around enough to have seen this one coming! :)

-

11. astros148

astros148 Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

12. astros148

astros148 Member

i wasnt expecting him to post any accurate info so I guess we both were expecting the same.

13. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

interesting you find the need to say jewish instead of israeli

Is this your myspace photo?

[​IMG]

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He looks just like that, except he also has an Astros cap.

15. wizkid83

Given that Israel has basically destroy the infrastructure of the Gaza and blockade incoming aid and trade, what exactly can Hamas do? What realistic steps do you see Hamas taking that can better the life of Gazan's?

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Stop using Palestinans as human shields? Sounds like a reasonable first step.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This certainly caught my eye. As someone just pointed out, using an image better left out of his/her post, IMO, why did you say Jewish propoganda? Why not Israeli propaganda? Are you too ignorant, with all due respect, to see the difference, or just filled with that much prejudice? Out of kindness, I'll assume you are simply that ignorant. Again, with all due respect. It is a coincidence that we are seeing a peaceful change in our government on Tuesday. A change that the world sees, in the main, as a good thing, just as they see the policies and actions of the outgoing Republican government, in the main, as a bad thing best put aside. Did it ever occur to you in your overheated mind, with all due repect, that the policies of the Israeli government could be the policies of the Israeli government, not Jewish policies?

Just food for thought. Chew on that a bit, if you feel like a mental snack. With all due respect.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes Israel has and as I've said before I'm not going to give them a pass. This is a conflict that neither side can claim the moral high road so I won't give Hamas a pass either. Even if Israel has destroyed Gaza's infrastructure and continues to blockade Gaza launching rocket attacks and holding Israeli soldiers captive isn't going to restore Gaza. Hamas can still use what little resources it has left though to do what it can to try to improve the lives of Gazans. It can release pvt Gilad. It can turn its efforts from continuing to push for armed struggle into a diplomatic push for humanitarian relief for Gaza.

When thinking about this conflict I keep on going back to Rabin's peace of the brave. He gave his life for that and while both sides are willing to kill each other none seem brave enough to end the cycle of violence.

19. wizkid83

I'm not talking about passive actions, if you were a part of Hamas, you have are in control of the current situation in Palestine, what would be a realistic action you can take to better the lives of Gazans?

That's better. But I wonder what the size and the speed of impact these actions can bring. But something like this is what I want to see from both sides.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, not launching rockets into Israel might be a smart first step.