1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's posing as Rockets on road trips?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Toast, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Toast

Toast Member

It's obvious to me that we're a completely different team at home than we are on the road.

Never before in a Rockets team have I seen such a contrast in home play vs. away play. Are we just putting stunt doubles out there on the road? Why can't we play up to our potential on road trips?

Anyone else have any thoughts, insights, etc. on this issue?

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

It's not as bad as it seems...Our road losses against Phoenix and the Clippers are due to choking on late free throws, and we took a Hornets team undefeated at home to overtime of a game in which we had the lead most of the time...We also beat Seattle and Portland on the road, two places where the Rockets normally have problems...

3. Live

Live Member

Ah, the description of a young, immature team.

But the season's young, maybe they'll improve in that regard.

4. Toast

Toast Member

Sure, the games may have looked close, but we simply haven't looked like a winning team on the road. Our execution at the end of games (something I defended in the past) has been suspect at best. We look out-manned and out-coached on the road. And then suddenly we come home and we're one of the top teams in the West. Why can't we take that home team on the road with us???

5. mknowles

mknowles Member

One word. Confidence
    As we build it we will get better on the road.

BTW: Are you the Toast that knows the meaning of PLUMP FUNK?

6. Toast

Toast Member

Depends. Are you the mknowles who brought the "Heart of a Champion" to the game of tetris?

7. mknowles

mknowles Member

Yeah Baby! I'm surprised we have not crossed paths untill now, didn't I tell you about this site?

8. WNBA

WNBA Member

Those three road loses are ..heartbreaking.
    But I think we will do better next time.

Don't forget Rockets are the 2nd youngest team with a new big guy in center.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Didn't we lose to them in Portland 77-71?

THe true test is Friday...that's right, against Memphis :rolleyes:

Seriosuly, let's see if they can blow out a team they should blow out.

10. Toast

Toast Member

I imagine we'll have a win, but a hard fought one. Even if we make a 3rd quarter run, they'll counter in the 4th, and we'll almost give it away. Rockets modus operandi lately.

mknowles --
    Yeah, you told me about this site ... about 2 years ago!

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

This team appears near ready for prime time. I think the Memphis game will be an indication of how "contender-serious" the Rockets are. Winning on the road against the lesser teams is what the playoff contenders do. Losing to the Grizzlies (and other teams like them) would take the luster off the Kings win. I am sure Rudy is excited and telling the players what a serious run at the playoffs requires. It is very early, but the teams around in May are made now. Three weeks ago I could not be convinced that the Rockets would actually contend. Everything has changed. We are about to find out if the Rockets really "believe."