1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Martin As Our 6th Man?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aussie_Fozzey, Mar 17, 2012.

Tags:
?

Keep Kevin Martin As A Starter Or Use Him As Our 6th Man?

1. Start Martin

31 vote(s)
    17.5%
  2. Keep Lee

146 vote(s)
    82.5%
  1. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

Just a thought but the way Lee has been playing as a starter is very very impressive... That got me thinking if we brought K-Mart off the bench like a Jason Terryesqe/James Harden type player (I know Harden starts now) So here's where i ask for your opinion. Start Kevin Martin or Start Lee?

2. HoustonN06

HoustonN06 Member

Kevin Martin was effective as a 6th man when he first came into the league with SacTown. Worth a shot at this point.

3. delta69er

delta69er Member

Depends on how fragile his mental strength is.

Look how almost being traded this year affected his play. How would being demoted to the bench affect him?

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Edit: I see Delta69er beat me to it.

Edit 2: Bullard just brought this up. Said Lee should start over Martin.

You thought Kevin had his panties in a wad before...do this and then see what happens. ; )

In all seriousness, no, not a bad idea.

5. RedHotRockets01

I think that is exactly what we need!!!

6. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Lee is the man for McHale and for this team, we cannot win a lot of guys in this tough schedule with Martin especially since he's banged up.

7. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

although i think Lee would be better. if we put KMart on the bench, he will lose all confidence and will be even worse on the bench.

KMart averaging 18 points and Lee averaging 10 ppg off the bench
    is better than Lee averaging 18 points and KMart averaging like 6 ppg off the bench.

8. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Except Terry is clutch.

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I hope they keep Lee and trade Martin.

What happened to Minny wanting him?

Lee two way player, you get more value IMO.

10. amaru

amaru Member

Keep lee, trade martin. Far to much money for a 6th man

11. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Trade Scolar & Martin, this is Morey's main job

12. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I guarantee Martin will become disgruntled if he's demoted to the 6th man, and his effectiveness will fall off a cliff. Although I like Lee much more, you have to try to get the most out of both.

Not everyone is meant to come off the bench, and you can't just stick a quality starter into the 6th man role and expect them to be a Harden type player. It takes a player with a specific mindset, and those aren't easy to find.

13. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

This. I'm sure McHale would like to start Lee, but he knows how fragile K-Mart is.
    We'll continue to see K-Mart start with Lee geting a bulk of the minutes if he can't get it going.

14. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I've been saying we need to get Martin out of here to start Lee for a while now.

15. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Honestly I don't think McHale cares. Not the first time he benched a starter for this team.

I can see McHale doing this, and if Martin can't prove him wrong, then he doesn't deserve to be the starter.

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I've long been critical of Kevin Martin, but playing 15-25 mins as firepower off the bench would be the perfect role for his one-dimensional game.

Play him more minutes when he's hot. C Lee is simply a better player, and I've felt that way for a while.

But Martin is pouting already. Lose his starting job, and he might literally start crying. Plus we want to try to get his trade value back up a little.

No way Martin should be here next year.

17. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

There's no reason why Lee should't start the rest of the year. He's simply a better player than Martin now and it's becoming more and more obvious. Lee starting has made the team better lately.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Martin should start the game. If he's hot, leave him in. If he's not, let Lee play the rest of the way.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Courtney Lee in GOD mode now? Sign him ASAP.

20. Pringles

Pringles Member

Martin would be guarding a bench player instead of defending a starter. I like that idea a lot. Especially now that we have Camby in our second unit, Martin coming off the bench is something I would love to see.