1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Popular Print Publications in Houston?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ziggy, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I need to run some ads for an upcoming event. I have the Chronicle, Greensheet, USA Today, Houston Business Journal. Am I missing anything else? Any tips out there from someone with experience running print ads in Houston? Old school PR is beyond me, I don't even know how to write a check to be honest, assumed the Chronicle was an underground newsletter operated out of Justice's garage.

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Houston Press?

3. Fatty FatBastard

What type of event?

002, barstool and others are picked up quite a bit these days.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ah ya... should have detailed the event a little. Its business/entrepreneurial for an established company with worldwide presence. We want to pack the house.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

little off topic...

I had heard the Public News was back in print. Is that true?

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Houston Business Journal

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hey whats up with that Biz Radio rep on this board? Naresh? I don't know much about the station, but maybe a interview with one of our economists or founders is something that could happen?

8. droxford

droxford Member

"The Houston Defender" has been around for 80 years. You can pick one up at Sears...

... and you should probably know that it's a black activism periodical

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Then why is this established company with worldwide presence letting you pick the publications to advertise in? Shouldn't some thought be going into who the target audience is, what's the best way to reach them, etc?

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nah, print advertising isn't a priority. Just a quick get it done shot in the dark, which is why I am not spending much time researching it. Way more pressing things at hand... in the end we may not even follow through with running anything.

11. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

as I stated earlier, if you are trying to get professionals to attend, advertise in the Houston Business Journal, which comes out once a week

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It's just puzzling to me that a company would spend money at random (which is what this seems like) when it seems like you could quickly contract someone to do it with a little more precision and be more effective with less money. Anyway, good luck.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Do you want us MEXICANS to be there? :confused:

Click here for YES:
    RUMBOS, La Subasta, La Buena Suerte, El Día
    Click here for NO:
    RUMBOS, La Subasta, La Buena Suerte, El Día :grin: