1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sports illustrated's Royce White article (prolly old)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LelWestbrick, Jul 11, 2012.

1. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

Well it is old, but I didn't remember it being posted here and a quick google turned up nothing. I only saw it while thumbing through a SI at the barber shop today. (Hey that looks like Royce White... oh **** that is Royce White)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1200858/1/index.htm

"As the needle purrs, the bushy-bearded White talks. "I'm all about transparency," he says. Topics include: the known universe ("Have you heard about the Eagle Nebula? It's a gaseous pillar, 7,000 light years away"); existential philosophy (he's fond of quoting Nietzsche)"

"The rumination doesn't end there. He also faults the league for inspiring so many inner-city kids to futilely devote their lives to basketball, adding, "I'm not scared of how David Stern is going to react when he hears that I said that." Instead of attending the draft, White is throwing a party in Ames to raise more money for Orchard Place."

Obviously if this has been posted then lock it up and my bad, but yeah. Worth a read. Very very intriguing guy. Obviously if he has to go for Bynum or Howard then yeah you have to take that deal, but I will be disappointed.

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member