1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Android 7.0 Nougat

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by superfob, Aug 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

It's out.

If you have a 6P, 5X or Pixel device, enroll in beta https://www.google.com/android/beta?u=0 you'll get the official OTA immediately.

After you upgrade, just opt out of the beta program.

I believe N6 users will get the last beta preview, so I guess they haven't finished that OTA yet.

2. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Here Nexus 6 eager and waiting

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Thanks, but lame that the Nexus 5 isn't eligible

Enrolled my Nexus player

4. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Sigh. Still waiting for Android 5.1 because Samsung and AT&T are bloodless, money-grubbing freaks.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Just upgraded mine to 7.0 on my Nexus 6P. I had the beta before this so it's not that different from what I was working with the last couple of months.

6. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Do you notice any differences?

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Nothing that completely stands out, but I just got it so I'll have to dive into the phone further to really notice.

8. superfob

Upgraded my Pixel C and 6P.

Animations are crisper, and app load times seem shorten.

Like the extra notification options. Multi window on my Pixel is ok, but mainly use it as a media consumption device so not much use there. Not sure how to enable free form windows or if that didn't make it.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

You're still on Lollipop? I have a Galaxy S6 + Edge and received the update to Marshmellow around 6 months ago. I was on Lollipop since I had bought the phone around a year ago.

I'm sure Verizon will roll out Nougat around the Winter of 2017 though.

11. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

This is why I purchase carrier-agnostic devices.

Except on AT&T or T-Mobile a lot of carrier-agnostic phones don't get HD Voice/VOLTE/ or Wi-Fi calling. So in that case, iOS for me until all those can become standardized somehow.

12. Nero

Nero Member

I would have thought the Google Fi customers would have been first in line, but nothing yet. I've read about the updates in the new version, and I am interested to see if it makes the 6P even better than it already is, but I think I will just wait for it to hit naturally.

13. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

14. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Did the beta thing to enable the upgrade immediately on my 6p.

Seems a little more snappier (didn't think that was even possible) and agreed on adding more functionality in the notifications. The compact swipe down settings is nice, and I like all the details in the general settings without actually having to drill down.

15. cheeno

cheeno Contributing Member

IM already on Nougat as i downloaded and installed it last night. Of course the main reason why i wanted to try nougat was for the split screen option that it has which i will say is pretty amazing. Other than that i do notice that the drop down screens look a little more professional. I have not had too much time to notice the battery saving that its flanuted to do.

OTher than that i love my 6P and with the new changes i think i will enjoy this phone a lot more.

16. superfob

My battery seems worse, but I'm playing alot with the new features, so we will see. Just got my Android Neko.

17. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Too bad most people won't get it on their phones till like 3-4 months from now lol

18. opticon

opticon Member

I am running it on a nexus 5x so far so good. It has the best implementation of split screen multitasking that I have seen on any Android skin.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

How is your 5x handling it? I need a new phone but don't know whether 2gb RAM are enough.

20. opticon

opticon Member

Its running quite will. Really loving being able to reply right from the on screen notifications with out having to open the app.

I am currently field testing the Nexus 5X and I have to say after three weeks of use it is damn good.

I bought some for a project for $278 a piece for the 32gb model and I have no regrets.

I am going to buy the new HTC nexus device that is suppose to drop this fall as my daily driver.

As much as I loved my Note 3, my previous daily driver I am done with non nexus android phones. Having to wait for months for updates or not get them at all is for the birds.

Touch Wiz is not as bad as it used to be, my wife now has a note 7 and it is pretty great.

I personally just really like the stock android experience now that I have been using it for about a month now.

I have been using my phone actively since 7 am this morning and the battery is still at 40%

I would recommend taking the plunge.