1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Music] METALLICA new album release, "Hardwired…To Self-Destruct", on November 18.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Deuce, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

METALLICA will release its long-awaited new album, "Hardwired…To Self-Destruct", on November 18. The follow-up to 2008's "Death Magnetic" consists of two discs, with nearly 80 minutes of music.

Says the band: "'Hardwired…' represents the next phase of our journey as METALLICA and we are so excited to share it with you.

"If anyone was tuned into radio station 93X in Minneapolis earlier today, you heard the world debut of the first track, 'Hardwired', and we're hoping you'll hear a lot more of it in the coming days.

"Produced by Greg Fidelman, along with James [Hetfield] and Lars [Ulrich], this is our eleventh studio album and is available for pre-order in a variety of configurations including 12 songs on a double CD, vinyl, digital download, as well as a deluxe version with the riffs that were the origins of the album. Everyone who pre-orders the album through Metallica.com will receive an instant download of the song 'Hardwired'."

Disc One

01. Hardwired
    02. Atlas, Rise!
    03. Now That We're Dead
    04. Moth Into Flame
    05. Am I Savage?
    06. Halo On Fire

Disc Two

01. Confusion
    02. Dream No More
    03. ManUNkind
    04. Here Comes Revenge
    05. Murder One
    06. Spit Out The Bone

Disc Three (Deluxe Edition Only)

01. Lords Of Summer
    02. Riff Charge (Riff Origins)
    03. N.W.O.B.H.M. A.T.M. (Riff Origins)
    04. Tin Shot (Riff Origins)
    05. Plow (Riff Origins)
    06. Sawblade (Riff Origins)
    07. RIP (Riff Origins)
    08. Lima (Riff Origins)
    09. 91 (Riff Origins)
    10. MTO (Riff Origins)
    11. RL72 (Riff Origins)
    12. Frankenstein (Riff Origins)
    13. CHI (Riff Origins)
    14. X Dust (Riff Origins)

[​IMG]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uhBHL3v4d3I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/metallica-to-release-hardwired-to-self-destruct-album-in-november/

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Cool! I was reading some article the other day which was basically ripping "Death Magnetic" and everything before that going back to the Black album. I thought "Death Magnetic" was considered a semi-success as it went back to their harder rocking roots? Apparently, some people see it as another forgetful attempt to recapture the magic.

While I do like Metallica to this day, I have to admit I'm always going back to the the early stuff, mainly "Master of Puppets" and "And Justice For All". The really early stuff seems a bit dated to me but that was obviously what made them. Per "Death Magnetic", I still dig "The Day That Never Comes". But, I love belting out a lot of these songs on guitar so that obviously influences my taste because I want to play along if at home.

In summary, I'm looking forward to hearing this new one and I guess I'm starting with the above video and will listen to the track now.

Edit: I like the new song. I was flashing back to some "One" and "Master of Puppets" with some of those guitar riffs. Dig the fast tempo. Definitely will buy the new album.

#2 Surfguy, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I was just wondering when Metallica would put out another album. Haven't listened to the new song but I really liked Death Magnetic. Double album with 12 songs huh?

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

And yet 10 years later, no real news of Tool's next album, lol

5. The Boz

The Boz Member

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

**** yeah that sounds like an old Metallica song!

7. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Death Magnetic was OK but didn't love it, I don't think I even heard one solo in the album. (could be wrong, haven't heard it in years).

I'd give this album a try though.

8. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

death magnetic had several guitar solos.
    st. anger did not.

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

St anger didn't have any music in it either. I mean what a **** pile that was. And Lars' drums.... Ugh.

The new song sounds pretty legit.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Sigh. Do you know how impossibly hard it is for these bands to make something good still?? (for me it might as well as be impossible)

Tool is the one band that I would bet are still capable. Perhaps that is why they are taking so long.

I will admit that at a minimum the cover of the Metallica album looks pretty cool. As far as the music :eek::eek:

11. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Lol Metallica. I'm not holding my breathe. They're too busy counting their money.

12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

They've finished 3 complete songs with vocals and the rest of the album is just waiting on vocals and finishing touches. I believe the shortest song is 12 minutes. Google is your buddy.

All Tool fans know Maynard also is known to take long breaks in between albums to travel and outsource his wine business across the country (It's his real passion over music now) and he also had to take a long time off for hip surgery due to all of the stomping in his early days. They're also touring a few cities and at least tour 2-3 times in between albums.

But yeah, the decade long waits due irritate. Need new Tool now please. REALLY need new A Perfect Circle, but that's just a pipe dream.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I mean, I like a little ring to my snare, but....yeah, no.

14. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Hope it's better than Iron Maiden's last double album. What a snooze fest. I know these guys are past their prime but is it that hard to make a borderline 8/10 album?

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Is there anyone more HARDER to please (or easier to please) than metalhead fans? You'd think that Metallica has sucked since '86, past 30 years of their existence pointless

It was a bunch of events at the same time, along with their HIGH standard and usual slow pace that caused the long delay.

Tool had long ongoing legal issues that drained their creative spirit. And in the down time members starting focusing on other projects, got older, got families, etc, it made collaborating more difficult. The lawsuits finally got settled recently, but they were not going to release an album until it was out the way

I think Tool maybe took the Tool brand TOO serious. As though they needed the most IDEAL mental clearance, artistic canvas & paints to do a project. Its good and bad. Its good cuz they take PRIDE in doing good albums and not half-ass work. Bad in that the fans miss out, and FANS can change over time too and move on.

16. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

That album cover looks familiar:

[​IMG]

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Damn, no kidding. I wanna go tear some **** up! That's how you're supposed to feel after listening to Metallica!

I'll never understand how Lars can sound so good in the studio but so horrible live.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0QYfd9UPXvw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

I think the last Metallica song I listened to was Enter Sandman years ago. Is this album like that?

19. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Just listened. ****ing nice. I guarantee I will get a freaking speeding ticket playing this album if the other songs are even close to this one...that old Metallica feel is back!

20. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

I'm a Death Magnetic Fan