1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RTIC vs Yeti

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Any personal reviews? RTIC claims similar results to Yeti at about half the price and Rtic is based in Houston.

Eyeballing some 30 oz tumblers for Christmas gifts...Yetis are sold out and sellers are price gouging over $100 for a $40 tumbler.

Rtic are in stock at $20.00 per mug.

Talk to me Clutchfans!

https://www.rticcoolers.com/

http://yeticoolers.com/

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Edit - nevermind.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Never used either but... it's just a tumbler. Get the cheaper one.

4. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rtic is Houston based
    Yeti is Austin based

Check mark ✔ Rtic

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Haven't used the RTIC one. The Yeti tumbler is everything it's made out to be. Coffee stays hot in it for hours. Ice stays cold in it most of the day while on the beach at Galveston in August.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The mugs are not in stock. They won't ship for a month, but I ordered two just to compare them to the yeti tumbler I bought my wife.

7. Buck Turgidson

Don't know about the other brands, but Yeti coolers are the shiznit. You get what your pay for.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Lol, I noticed you conveniently left Big Foot off that list.

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I don't doubt that these things are really great to have and use, especially for an outdoorsman, but man the price is steep for a freaking insulated cup. I have a coffee carafe type canister and also a thermos mug, either would keep coffee hot nearly all day for me (if I wanted).

Also use tervis tumblers which will keep drinks cold for hours, even outside. I mean it might only be half of what a yeti does, but it's also at least half the price.

Now the Yeti coolers I could see being a worthwhile investment for an avid hunter, fisherman, or camper.

10. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I love my Yeti cooler and tumblers. It would be hard for me to switch to a knock off.

On the other hand, if you go read the comments on their facebook posts, you can see hundreds of pissed off people who ordered coolers and are not getting their product as promised.

11. rockbox

Yeti sold their company earlier this year for 80 million bucks. The patent on their coolers also expired recently which is why there are so many knockoffs. From what I've seen, the knockoffs, especially from companies like Pelican who have been making the best shipping containers for decades make just as good of a product. Yeti, however is the original.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

So weird I had never heard of these and now I'm seeing them everywhere. After reading this thread I saw someone post on Nextdoor saying there were a mess of them at a local Academy. Today as I'm walking around Woody's in Centerville, Tx. I see a display with them. I almost bought one of these with a cool raised Houston Texans logo on it : http://yeticoolers.com/colster/, but then saw the price. Damn thing was like $50! Yikes. I would've paid $15-$20 maybe, but $50 was a bit much. They had a few of their coolers there, too.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The cups aren't that expensive. Relative to a $5 one you get at the grocery store? Sure. $35 for it isn't that bad.

Someone sent this to me recently...

[​IMG]

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

why get a texans one? i would go for a cowboys one. best win% in the history of the nfl. and 2nd in superbowl wins :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_win%E2%80%93loss_records

15. rockbox

My RTIC tumblers came last week and they are almost indistinguishable from my wife's Yeti tumbler. We even did a ice test in them and it kept ice a full day just like the Yeti. One thing I like about it more is that the hole you drink out of accommodates a straw.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I haven't "made it" far enough to in life to buy a $150 cooler. I need a new fridge first. I guess an couple of extra bags of ice will have to do.

17. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

For the RTIC coolers..... if I order today they'll ship by 05/11/16? Do they make them to order like Whataburger?

EDIT: nevermind, I read the site

#17 Joshfast, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  18. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

For the man that enjoys sitting in a fire, but craves an iced tea while doing so.

19. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Bumping this up. I ordered a pair of rtic 30 oz tumblers for me and my gf. free shipping. Can't wait to try them out.

20. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Thanks for bumping this. I keep meaning to order a couple of these tumblers and I keep forgetting.