1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

180lb dude that's in great shape VS a 125lb (flyweight) professional MMA fighter: Who wins?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JMAD21, Aug 21, 2016.

Tags:
?

Who wins?

1. 125lb pro

122 vote(s)
    93.8%
  2. 180lb dude in good shape

8 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Btw you guys realize that these 125ers don't actually walk around at 125, right? They don't even walk in the cage at 125.

A pro fighter at my gym who is in good shape at 190 lbs fights at 145 lbs.

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Bad choices for NBA players. Both physical freaks, both don't ever get into it when push comes to shove. Especially with the way LeBron reacts to getting hit.

Better choices would have been MWP or David West/Haslem. Or even someone like Westbrook with his super-angry ragemode athleticism.

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Nobody in their right mind under 200 pounds would fight the Mountain. He is one of the strongest people in the world. I wouldn't take much for him to hurt you real bad with a lucky punch.

#103 rockbox, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This, @Bobby. Being a NBA player and world class "athlete" doesn't mean sh** in fighting if they don't know how to use their muscles to properly punch, kick, move etc.

I've been in martial arts clubs and you can see that people with no experience will throw punches that won't hurt any grown man, they just don't know how to properly unleash energy and how to create a forceful impact with their fist.

Add that to fighting a trained person that knows the x&o's of fighting and they'll get slaughtered, probably won't even land a single punch.

5. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

MMA fighter would win easily.

OP, your brother mistakenly assumes that being a decent weight, working out, eating good, etc...basically being in good shape...automatically means that the guy will be able to hold his own in a fight. He might be able to if all parties involved are clueless in knowing how to punch or kick...but once he runs into someone that knows what they're doing...he's doomed. If someone doesn't know how to fight while they were a doughboy or a skeleton...then they're not going to know how to fight even if they do get in good shape. Therefore a trained fighter with some experience is going to beat down the untrained guy every single time.

Most people with a brain probably understand that learning how to fight requires at least basic training. Only naive and dense guys think that solely pumping iron will automatically lead to becoming an asskicking machine in a fight. It's about as dumb as an insecure guy trying to buff up their muscles in order to attempt (and likely fail) to impress the women.

6. SeabrookMiglla

i was an amateur boxer for awhile... i can tell in 2 seconds who's a fighter and who's not... ive been in it with guys who weigh 50 ounds lighter than me who are good fighters and could hit like a hammer and can ring my bell in no time. and ive also been in the ring with guys who were untrained and in some cases trained who weighed 50+ pounds and couldnt land a single punch that was worth anything.

as bruce lee famously said...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAq8PPFTxSM

really most of your power in a punch comes from your feet, through your legs as your hips shift... all in a split second motion...

watch- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7pwZ4njcw0 @ 1:15 dont watch the arms, watch the legs... thats what tells you how hard a punch was thrown...

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Conor vs someone like Lebron is not as clearcut as people think

They are too tall and too long for Conor to generate enough power on their chins, I don't think Conor trains hitting padds 6'9 tall anyway. He also have to really careful to avoid clinching up with them because Lebron would a lot stronger in grappling and would probably throw Conor around.

In an actual fight Conor have to run around and land body shots, I don't think Lebron or Dwight can take many leg kicks or body shots from someone like Conor for very long.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They'd have to learn to check leg kicks and they couldn't stand there throwing strikes with him, they'd want to take him to the ground where their skill is about even (little to none) and win with size and strength.

9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Not sure if anyone's posted this yet, but it is an interesting read...

The forgotten story of ... Muhammad Ali v Antonio Inoki

10. Exiled

Exiled Member

Conor v. Leslie Jones ?

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

There is video on YouTube of Donald Cerrone traing Blake Griffin if anyone is interested.