1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pokemon Go!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Jul 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Some businesses are requesting to have pokemon removed from their areas and are even blocking it from their wifi.

I know MD andersen will not spawn any pokemon unless a lure is set at a pokestop. they have blocked it from their wifi so you have to be on mobile data in order to play it.

I typically don't play it unless I'm with friends or family.

2. hvic

hvic Member

I just like doing gym battles on the weekend

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Visiting Houston soon and hoping to catch some of the stuff I can't find out here in DC...

Anybody got the lowdown on nest locations?

4. MystikArkitect

Herman Park, Downtown, Discovery Green (maybe), Kemah.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Gonna hit the sea wall tomorrow and see what's up.

6. dream2clips

dream2clips Member

Ok just tying up a loose end. I assumed, with a high level of conviction, there would be nothing factual to support the "Darn irresponsible PMONGOers!!!!". It's a shame there is material, published, audited data which argues that DGC's overpaid management should re-prioritize their concerns. Consequently, it almost perfunctory, then, to worry about larger than expected crowds at a place that typically has to throw paid-for or sponsored events to attract a meaningful crowd.

Credit where it's due: If I had a great thing going like DGC's management, I'd also be up in arms anytime anything or anyone wanted to change the status quo - I can't knock em on the logic, they're playing for keeps.

The only complaints I'll consider relevant from now on is PMONGOers violating published ex-ante rules. And - sans any facts to support the counterargument - people who do otherwise would appear to be responding more out of bias, persuasion, or perhaps something more nefarious.

JMO

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

or use that metric to justify their existence and new spending. Then when it happens for free, run like crazy. Can't possibly be any more hypocritical.

Also, please stop with all of the ad hominem.

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I usually catch all my Pokemon in the downtown area, discovery green and a park in the memorial area near dairy ashford and Kirkwood. Today I went to Galveston. Got me a lot of different Pokemon I typically don't get.

I went to discovery green also. Not too crowded today. Probably because of school.

9. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Was at discovery green as well this evening. Picked up 2 1200+ CP Pinsir. Not too shabby.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You guys still playing? I have become incredibly bored with the game.

11. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Game is getting more boring. But, I'm one who got all 150 pokemon in the original game boy game, so I'm pretty set on finding all the ones I can.

For now, I'll do some gym battles and try to use coins to get some more incubators (I refuse to buy any). I'll keep farming pidgeys (I literally catch whatever comes across my screen while I have it open), and I'll keep opening the app in new places. I have a scheduled trip to Colorado, so it'll be neat to see how many different pokemon there are there, rather than here.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This fad is pretty much over with now. No one is playing it anymore.

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

From what I've seen plenty of people are still playing it.

I've really only done hunting on weekends, usually in the morning. During the week I don't do too much. I'm still enjoying myself as much as when I started. Don't really do gym battles, just want to cross them off the list. Currently at 81.

14. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I still play but I find it only fun when I'm playing with friends. It's actually just a background activity while we catch up and talk to one another about other things with the occasional "oooh ooh pokemon!"

15. dream2clips

dream2clips Member

To the contrary, my kids and I are playing more than ever. We didn't pick it up until July 20th or so and the run-rate - as a percentage - of disposable time dedicated to the game is running higher than ever.

Thundermans and Henry Danger reruns have been displaced by PMONGO.

As others slow down a bit, we're using this as an opportunity to partially bridge the delayed-start gap.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Definitely not the case

17. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Jailbroke my iPhone and had to installed Poke Go++ to play the game.

Then I found out that tweak allow you to tap to walk anywhere...that's when I stopped playing.

18. mclawson

mclawson Member

I saw a ton of different stuff in CO than I've found around here. In Denver, CO Springs, and points in between like Buena Vista I saw lots of growlithe, arcanine, drowzee, geodude, ponyta, rapidash, mankey, primeape, magnemite, cubone, etc. that are fairly rare near me. Happy hunting!

19. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'm pretty much the same way you are. The game isn't nearly as fun not finding new Pokemon, and basically never leveling up. I'm still determined to get all the Pokemon, but I'm not sure what to do once that happens until they obviously add more Pokemon (though I only ever played the original games and watched the original show, so I'm not sure that would draw me back).

It has died down some, but there are still lots of people playing. If you go to a nest location you will see plenty of people there.