1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] The Inhumans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

MARVEL REPORTEDLY MOVING FORWARD WITH INHUMANS MOVIE

[​IMG]

Could Vin Diesel star as Black Bolt?

Hot off the heels of Vin Diesel's Inhumans tease, a new report indicates that Marvel may actually be moving forward with a film adaptation of the Kirby-cool characters.

[​IMG]

According to Collider, their sources tell them Marvel has an Inhumans first draft script from screenwriter Joe Robert Cole. Like Guardians of the Galaxy scripter Nicole Perlman, Cole came out of Marvel's writing program. It seems the plan for Inhumans is similar to how Guardians played out; now that Marvel has a screenplay they're happy with, they'll bring in a unique director (like Guardians' James Gunn) to execute and sharpen the film's specific vision.

The site goes on to say that this is Marvel's foray into a multi-film cosmic universe, alongside their earthly properties (like Ant-Man, Avengers: Age of Ultron, etc).

In the source material, The Inhumans are a 7,000-year-old sub-sect of humans that were experimented on and given superpowers by the Kree (who also happened to appear in Guardians of the Galaxy).

This report supports earlier hints from Marvel boss Kevin Feige about an Inhumans movie. Groot himself, Vin Diesel, also added fuel to the speculative fire by writing an "Inhuman" tease on his Facebook page recently.

So far, no details about the script have been revealed, and there's no word on when the film might go into production or be released.

2. what

what Member

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm a lifelong Marvel fan and love their superhero movies, but when does overexposure become an issue?

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

This superhero/comicBook/Marvel/DC thing is going TOO far. It's like the TV-shows-into-movies frenzy of the late 90s and early 2000's. Going downhill fast. :eek:

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I don't think they care. With the success of a rather obscure team of characters like Guardian of the Galaxy I can see Disney mining every possible nugget they can from Marvel.

I mean seriously the Inhumans? Ant-Man?

Let me know when the Alpha Flight movie begins filming.....

6. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

As long as they are making money they will continue to make more movies. I prefer this over another Transformers/Michael Bay piece of garbage and movies like the expendables.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

When they stop making money. I really don't see the super hero genre going away anytime soon. some people thought this geek/nerd phenomenon hit its peak a couple years ago... nope.

You know Guardians did well when they are also going to do a black super hero property.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Marvel is really knowing how to hide Vin Diesel's acting weaknesses....

Too bad rights to Surfer and Galactus are owned by Sony.

If you can harvest from money tree 3 times a year rather than only once...why not?

I like that they're switching genres, and I think that as long as the universe becomes a constant brand, there's openness to it as it brings familiarity. It seem more possible until other companies start trying the same thing like Warner/DC or even a star wars/star trek universe type theme.

Mid budget space sci fi movies by themselves are pretty risky.

9. Hmm

Hmm Member

The Inhumans...? For a moment I thought of this...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5Y2DsL0_Ozs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Bt0KUz4Yg-Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Yes they are pumping out lots of properties now. But so far the quality on average has been solid with some gems so I don't see the problem yet. Plus the tone of the movies are diverse and distinct just like the general variety of films out there each weekend.

Fatigue will set in when the overall quality diminishes. If we see Daredevil/Elektra/Ghostrider level stuff it's time to panic.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

Love superhero movies. Will watch.

12. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

So they hire him as a voice actor on Guardians, and then consider casting him as someone that never speaks?

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Problem?

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Nope- Superhero movies are a solid, moneymaking sub-genre of action now. Just like car chase and fighting movies never get old as long as they're quality, superhero movies won't get old as long as they're quality.

15. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

As long as the quality is there, and they are good movies overall, whether they are Marvel properties or not, they should keep milking it.

I'm wary of the quality issue...if they get lazy and start making Michael Bay style stuff.

Guardians shows that the source material popularity doesn't matter if you make a good, entertaining movie.

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

As long as they keep making amazing movies like Avengers / Winter Soldier / Guardians...they will be getting my money every time. Maybe even more than once.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Question:
    Answer:

I don't think there's any complaining about there being too many superhero movies yet. I'm hoping DC doesn't sully everyone's expectations with their offerings down the line.

iirc on RT, the only Marvel movies to get below a 70% are the 2 Hulk movies (which not that many care about) and the second Thor movie (understandable). Every other Marvel movie is above a 70%.

If the quality doesn't diminish, I see no reason to stop the superhero movie train.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Should be an interesting Movie

Rocket River

19. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

Nah, just thought it was interesting. They specifically sought him out for his voice, then consider casting him in a role where he can't use it.

20. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Good points all around.
    I enjoyed the second Hulk.

Will there ever be a rated R Marvel movie? Superhero movie?