1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Games] Gamescom 2014

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Aug 12, 2014.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I misread the start time for the MS conference, and it already started:
    http://www.xbox.com/

I missed some announcements, but the next Tomb Raider game will be (timed?) exclusive to Xbox. Showing off Quantum Break now, which looks nice. I'll try to catch up at some point and summarize other details if no one else provides it.

Sony's conference is later this afternoon, and other companies will surely be showing things off. This is basically Europe's E3 for those of you who don't know.

1 person likes this.
  2. RC Cola

For those of you who missed it...

They showed more Ori (looks good!), more Sunset Overdrive (with a bundle, also looks good/funny), more Halo, more Forza/Forza Horizons, etc. As I mentioned earlier, they showed a lengthy demo of Quantum Break, which looks good IMO (might be boring to some though, but seems interesting to me). Some indies were announced/revealed, though I missed most except for Scream Ride (a Rollercoaster Tycoon-ish looking game). Preloading coming to XBO. I think I read that USB and DLNA support (for media) is coming soon. A CoD bundle was shown.

Tomb Raider exclusivity seems to be the main highlight of the conference. The more that comes out, the more it seems to be a full exclusive...though Phil and others continue to word it funny (still emphasizing holiday 2015). Certainly an odd decision for SE (but that's nothing new), and this is a great deal for MS/XBO.

Sony's conference starts in 3 hours and 20 minutes I believe.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Thanks RC cola

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Quantum Break looks crazy.
    Unfortunately games like that tend to be far more scripted than freeform, but at least it looks cool.

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I was def surprised at the Tomb Raider exclusivity. I'm curious how much Microsoft had to pay for that one.

Quantum Break does catch my interest hope it lives up to the hype.

Ready for the Sony conference. I keep hearing a big game is going to be announced. Hoping for an announcement on a major firmware update soon for the PS4 as well

6. RC Cola

Some random videos:

Witcher 3:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tuPEam_Jt4I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Short clips of Bloodborne:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/X-9yYFUj7oA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Gbz18RvVsdQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gameplay of Until Dawn:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Er5yx8rGe_4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    It is Heavy Rain-esque, though doesn't look as polished. Thinking this will either be pretty good or pretty horrible. Probably horrible given how much it's been reworked, but we'll see.

Pillars of Eternity (archive of Twitch stream)
    http://www.twitch.tv/twitch/b/557643505?t=1h05m

MS has confirmed that TR exclusivity has a "duration." I think they likened it to Ryse and Dead Rising. So yeah.

7. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Gameshare on PS4 has potential to be really cool.

8. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

BLOODBORNE!

Can't wait for it.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Hope TR is a timed exclusive to X1. It'd be a slap in the face of PC and PS owners.

The thought of having to be an X1 guy doesn't sit well with me lol.

10. YourSecretLover

Pretty sure TR a timed exclusive to compete with uncharted 4 which is too bad since it would've been a great move for Microsoft.

Anyone excited for the Silent Hill game produced by Kojima and Del Toro?

11. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

The Quantum Break gameplay video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cj5jJAF6940" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Looks intense... very cinematic.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

max payne

14. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Silent Hills ... That was pretty scary

15. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

From Forza Horizon 2

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/e1Q02SZkVCM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I usually enjoy survival horror games but the ones that are first person and you have nothing to defend yourself I can't deal with.

I had to turn the game off after five minutes of playing it. My surround sound did not help matters at all

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm not into survival horror at all usually, but I was curious to see what the fuss was about. I walked through the hallway a couple times and noticed that I was walking through the same areas. Then the banging started...and yeah...I was done. I realize that's like nowhere in there, but like I said...not my thing.

18. RedRedemption

I'm a little b****.c ant play horror games or watch horror movies. :(

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I usually just laugh at horror movies, but the games...pass on that. I get it, but I don't get it. I just don't understand the draw of being scared by things.

20. RedRedemption

Probably because it triggers the fight or flight response in people and gets their adrenaline rushing. The only time I play horror games or watch horror movies is with friends, and I can definitely see the appeal, but I'll never be able to play or watch them alone.