1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Beavis Stiffler

The Dynamo game is on a weather delay (lightning) in Kansas City after 17 minutes into the game. The game is on NBC Sports Network.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Brad Davis is a MASTER at the set pieces. Just right, just proper, just PERFECT lobs into the area only his peeps can get it. WOW.

TWO assists on set pieces tonight vs. KC ... I'm surprised we haven't lost him to a European powerhouse. :eek:

3. Beavis Stiffler

A huge win on the road and they did it without Beasley in the lineup.

Is it too late? The season is not over. There's still a chance for the Dynamo to make a push to the playoffs.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

God I hope Tally is okay. Great win by the dynamo, they need a couple more 6 point swings and they got this.

5. SwoLy-D

^^ Yeah, why the F did Hall stay in knowing he was not feeling well and then re-injured that lingering knee? WTF was up with Deric also not knowing he could grab the header back? :confused: Noob?

Too late for what? There are too many games to say anything about "too late". Mathematically speaking, there's plenty of space. :eek: I BELIEVE. Do you?

6. Beavis Stiffler

7. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yO1X4rSZ_mU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I really want to see somebody punch Dom Dwyer in the face.

I don't think there's a huge drop off between Hall and Deric. Obviously I'd rather have Hall than not but I think we'll be ok with Deric.

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Hasn't Deric only played something like 5 games? He looked rather good out there, but Hall is a vet. I also hope Bruin is ok, because without him and Cummings we aren't as strong at the top. Johnson looked like trash out there. Davis and the middle field really won the battle last night.

10. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Tally Hall is done for the year.

https://twitter.com/DarrellLovell

11. SexyButIgnorant

Wow, that's terrible news for him. Hate hearing about any athlete with injuries like these. Hopefully Deric can come up big these last matches.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Sucks for Hall. I'm not one that has a bunch of confidence in Deric. Saw him play earlier this season and he made a lot of mental mistakes. He was hesitant on crosses and didn't seem to have much command of his defense.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Hopefully Hall can coach him up.

14. SwoLy-D

:eek:

Time for me to try out! :grin:

Who here dares me??!?!!

I know, I know... they won't have tryouts, but... would you dare me?

15. Beavis Stiffler

A difficult situation and some changes in the lineup for the Dynamo in tonight's game against the Montreal Impact. Will Bruin and Jermaine Taylor are out with injuries and Kofi Sarkodie is suspended from yellow card accumulation.

I'm guessing the starting lineup will be:

Barnes-Cummings

Davis-Clark-Garrido-Boniek

Ashe-Horst-Cochran-Beasley

Deric

16. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At least these guys in Orange were able to show well tonight! Go Dynamo!! Hope they make a move up the table.

17. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nJKlnPkGa7g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Now with 31 points and in 8th place behind NY (34), Toronto (33), and Columbus (33) with head-to-head games left with all three teams. Dynamo are 0-1-1 against NY and Toronto and 1-1-0 against Columbus. We host the Crew and travel to NY and Toronto over the next 5 matches. Should be an exciting 2 months to close out the season. I wish the boys in Orange much luck, and I hope they're finding another gear as the season winds down to its close.

19. Beavis Stiffler

http://www.themonitor.com/premium/houston-dynamo-make-pitch-for-development-team-in-mcallen/article_f0d55b60-37dd-11e4-b1e5-0017a43b2370.html

Houston Dynamo make pitch for development team in McAllen

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think it's an interesting idea to try and keep Houston minor league teams focused in the same area. Could make Houston sports the de facto "home" team of that entire region