1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Games] Gamescom 2014

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Surprised people believed TR would be exclusive for an unlimited time.

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This seems like desperation time for Microsoft. XB1 gamers gain nothing, and it just forces us PS4 owners to wait a few months. Do they really think a few months of TR exclusivity is gonna change the mind of console buyers?

As somebody who was gonna get TR on release, it does piss me off a little. If that was their intention, good job. These console wars really do us fans no favors sometimes, you make your console appear better, not by improving the experience, but by making others experience worse. Both consoles do it.

3. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Honestly, the last one was good but I prefer Uncharted. It is nice to have the option though.

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I loved FEAR. Playing it alone, lights off, and with surround sound turned up was definitely an experience. I can't make it through the sequels though. The original took too much out of me.

I agree about the movies.

5. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UKqWDG7ODuw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    That insane people in Japan have made a game where one wins by stripping off opponents' clothing does not surprise me. That it's actually being ported to the US does surprise me, first because it just doesn't seem like the US is a great market for this type of game overall, and secondly because it looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Guaranteed that some mother is going to sue them for giving their kids naughty ideas (which will ignore the fact that parents let their kids play games in which they kill people, but no one said it has to make sense...).

6. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I wonder if Sony is considering releasing U charted 4 at the same time as the new TR. Would be a ballsy move IMO. Although I doubt UC4 is ready next year. I'm thinking Summer 2016

7. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Are there any new WWII based games that have come out in the past few years? I would love a new WWII shooter to play.

8. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Played the PT Demo and it is pretty damn scary.....maybe worse than Outlast.

9. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Star Citizen looks unbelievable.
    And that is a double-edged sword. Looks too ambitious.
    They are building up quite a hype train, unfortunately I don't know if they can deliver.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Bite your tongue my good man, we are going to deliver.

What a great party last night.

Whew!

DD

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I mean no disrespect, it's just with the state of the gaming industry most gamers have quelled their expectations. Especially after that Watch Dogs debacle.

Hope it turns out as amazing as it looks!

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Thanks - so do we - there is a still a lot of work to do, years of work, but we are on a very nice path.

The in engine stuff is fricken gorgeous, now we have to make the gameplay match - it will be a challenge, but we will release stuff along the way and get feedback from the community to help us.

DD

14. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

DD, is Star Citizen going to be a pay to win type of game? With the hardcore fan base willing to drop hundreds, if not thousands for these upgraded ships etc. How does someone like me who refuses to spend money on micro-transactions going to fare?