1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Karl Malone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by robbie380, Mar 4, 2003.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I know everyone in Houston hates him and everything associated with the Jazz. But the guy is a hard nose, hard worker, highly intelligent, great scorer, great rebounder, enforcer, you name it he does it type of player. He would be a perfect fit on the Rockets as an offseason acquisition if he isn't looking to go to an immediate championship contender. He could serve as a great teacher for EG who seriously needs a dose of what Karl brings to the game. What do yall think?

2. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

NO KARLA MOBILES ON THE I-10

:mad:

theSAGE

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would not mind him on the team. What he would bring is leadership, and the ability to get through to the young morons that are playing on the team.

This team needs a good VETERAN leader, someone who commands respect.

Malone would work...though it would be sacrilidge to see him in a Rocks uni.

He is going to play for the Lakers next year....that is my guess.

DD

4. Sane

Sane Member

I think he'll stick around, Stockton will stick around, they'll bring in Reggie Miller and Arvydas Sabonis, and they'll try to win. LOL, that would really generate lots of interest, and under the Jazz system, they would most probably succeed in getting at least to Western Finals.

Sabonis/Collins
    Malone/Collins/Kirilenko
    Harpring/Kirilenko
    Miller/Kirilenko
    Stockton/Mark Jackson

LOL. Is the average age like 36 on that team?

5. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Utah is the leading candidate for AARP benefits in the NBA.

:D

theSAGE

6. Asian Sensation

hard nose BWAHahhHAHAhAHAHhahAHAhaHAHAH

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You forgot to mention Charles Barkley and Patrick Ewing. These guys will come out of retirement to get a shot at the ring. :D

8. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

The thing that is different between Malone and guys like Hakeem, Pippen, Ewing, etc. is that he is still a All Star player.
    Malone has gotten increasingly better as the season has progressed. Still putting up All Star #'s. YOu have to have respect for a guy like that.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

what? do you think the guy isn't tough or something? yeah he is dirty but how many games has he missed in his career? and of those games how many has he played soft in?

10. dischead

dischead Member

Maybe be is refering to his nose being broken 2 days in a row :)

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

HAHAHA....I am slow.:D

12. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Malone is a loser. He plays like a loser, whines like a loser, and IS A LOSER!
    NO THANKS!

13. fatman510

fatman510 Member

UGH I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THIS THREAD WAS STARTED!! F****** Karl Malone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hell NO!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

And who on the Rockets is a winner? Malone is certainly more of a clutch player than anyone on the Rockets. I remember when I was watching the Jazz game where Harpring had that 3 over Yao and there was a stat that said this year Malone is shooting 66% in the final 2 minutes of games this year. That is pretty clutch in my eyes. He may have not been able to beat Jordan, but the guy is far from a loser.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Oh boohoo...I'm sorry it offends your delicate senses. Malone brings everything that we don't have. Veteran leadership, toughness, intelligent play, and also we have the benefit of him being able to tutor Eddie Griffin on all those things as well...especially toughness.

16. Trickdaddy1319

Except that there's no way in hell Karl Malone would waste his last few years playing for a non-playoff-making team. Remember, he wants to celebrate winning a ring, not celebrating for making the playoffs.

17. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Before the season I would have said no way...but this team needs a leader badly ill take karl for a few seasons. but he probaly has 0 interest in playing here

18. fatman510

fatman510 Member

yup made me cry.......
    but what the heck is the point of this thread...obviously we are not going to get him and even if were able to get him, he would not help the rockets by teachin our young guys how to play dirty and how to flop:rolleyes:

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

As smart as I have read you are, I can't believe you can even think this is a good idea. Do you think the Jazz's GM would have the nerve to split the dynamic duo who have been the pillars the jazz-holes? They did not win it when they went to the Finals, and they never will. Malone will join Sir Charles as the only two MVP's without championships... AI will get his... Karla will have to keep on truckin' :mad:

20. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

ZRB you are a loser.

Malone is a great player. He is better this year than anyone we have. Maybe not in the future, but in the present.