1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Other Lowry

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by giddyup, Dec 31, 2011.

Tags:
  1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

A year or so ago, Kyle Lowry's brother was playing PG for Villanova. I just checked their roster and he's not on it. Did he graduate? What became of him? Saw him once or twice and thought he was pretty good....

2. giddyup

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He's hard to find, i think his name is lonnie right?

4. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

5. NovaLowry

NovaLowry New Member

first off i'm a Nova fan and have been lurking to see what you guys have been saying about Kyle lol.

anyways

You are thinking of Maalik Wayns who is the starting PG for Nova. He's a junior and projected to be a 1st round pick in the next draft.

to compare them
    He has the speed of Kyle on the fast break, but not the crazy athleticism to block shots like Lowry does.

He's also a much better shooter than Kyle was at Nova, but if you look at the numbers, you'd probably think otherwise lol.

Wayns isn't as tenacious as Lowry is on defense and that's the weak part of his game. He just doesn't have that nose for the ball like Lowry does.

figure i'd throw these out there

Lowry back at Nova during the lockout - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJh9kvC3FMk

Wayns freshman highlights - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXCmWWnrptg
    Wayns sophomore highlights - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPYpz4V4v40

1 person likes this.
  6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Nice first post, NovaLowry. Welcome to CF.

giddyup -- I wonder if this quote is what gave you the idea that Wayns was Lowry's brother?

http://www.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1264299

"Kyle Lowry was like my big brother," Wayns says. "I watched him growing up, him being from Philly - his toughness and tenacity, the way he attacks the rim."

7. giddyup

No. I "seem" to remember watching a kid named Lowry playing and figuring it was Kyle's brother. Maybe I dreamed it?

I went looking for it; I saw that quote but that didn't curtail my search.

Is it possible he played for another Philly area school? Does anyone know if he has a brother? :)

8. NovaLowry

NovaLowry New Member

He does have 1 older brother named Lonnie, but he never played anywhere major.

Wayns is the closest thing.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Kyle is that you? ;)

10. NovaLowry

NovaLowry New Member