1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[610] Daryl Morey is on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff Who, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It is almost not worth it since you also have to hear Lopez.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Joined in Progress: - part 1

DM. You got to play 48 against Melo, we did an ok job but you can't put him on the line, they are the number 1 FT team in the league, and we just didn't get that done.

H: When you think Rockets, talking decade, what moment jumps out at you

DM: I wish there were titles to talk about maybe in the future....the 22 game winning streak and taking the Lakers to 7 game, we have had good moments but not accomplished as much as we wanted.

H: Game 6 against Portland at home?

DM: Absolutley, Charles didn't pick us to win that either...lol....we beat Charles win total he had us at 13....and we are at 14 now we should stop playing.

H: What about ROn?

DM: Ron is the best...we don't make the 2nd round without Ron......

H: We are going to ask About Tmac....8 minutes in first 2 outings, assess and where do we go from here?

DM: We are going to go a few more games like this and give him a chance to work his way in, then take a step back and evaluate where we are with him going forward, coach has seen enough in practice now, we need to figure out where we go from here?

H: How do you think he looks?

DM: Tough injury to come back from, tough injury, let's give him some time, it is really not fair to evaluate him after 16 minutes, let's see at the end of this stretch.

H: Aaron Brooks, he continues to impress...7 dishes last night, 3rd year in the league, how high is his ceiling?

DM: Not sure you can put a ceiling on him, shooting and quickness as a combo and he has really come along as a defender.....the combo though is deadly...he is starting to figure it out...they brought the extra attention which caused him to struggle in the past, but he handled it really well....the team lost, but can't blame that on AB....

H: They send the extra guy a lot, he has to learn to find the open guy in that situation?

DM: It is tough for him because he doesn't have the size to make passes like Mac can make the skip the D passes, he has to make the quick pass and rotate the ball through them, when he has a good outing we win...we usually lose when he struggles because he is so important to the team.

H: Rockets GM takes your calls coming up......713-573-4610 to get on air.

Wing stop commercial....

DD

2 people like this.
  3. DaDakota

Part 2 - the callers

H: DM with us, Rockets lost to Denver 3 games over .500, Dallas coming up,, another date with Dallas DM, tough biz to play them

DM: They are an excellent team, probably 2nd best team in West, Denver and Dallas have been 2 and 3 behind Lakers, we need to get some revenge, they have really taken it to us, we don't matchup with them well, got to play good to get victory

Caller - DJ - I want to talk Tmac, I have been hearing we are showcasing Tracy to trade him, are we doing that? My official new name is Text as a weapon.....

DM: Glad we cleared up his name..lol. - Lots of rumors around this year, we are not close to anything, we are obviously trying to upgrade the team, my job is to get us to being a title contender, we are not close to anything, none of the rumors out there are very accurate at this point...so....

H: The way I explain it, is everyone is on display, everyone is showcased.

DM: Yeah, I was going to say that, every night we are trying to get better on the court and try to get better player, any way me and Coach A can do that we are going to do that.

H: John on now: My question is in watching the Rockets the energy levels look low on the starting 5, CBud looked good starting, what does the future look for him, because Battier looks slow, his D is not quite there, and his offense went to poop...what is the chance of sitting Battier and letting CHase start?

DM: Not an option, Shane is the captain, and makes us go, I disagree about him getting back in tranistion he does that great, Coach A has a plan, and Chase is doing great, but like any rookie, he is one game good, one game out....but our veterans are consistent...which is what we want.

H: Tom is off the call....

Caller - Ocho Texto - I wish I could drop an S bomb on the Landry because if you are going to trade him, because the longer you wait, the worse it is going to feel, he is playing amazing. Trevor Ariza should be fined 15k every time he shoots a 3.

DM: With Carl we hope he is a ROcket for a long time, one more year for sure, but we hope we can set it up, not up to us, but he is a big reason for our start if not the biggest reason for the start.....on the 3, it is part of our philosophy.....we believe in 3s.....you should fine me Ocho, send the bill to teh Toyota center and see if it gets paid.

Caller Ron - What are you going to do with Scola?

DM: We are just going to enjoy the ride, he is a restricted FA at end of year, also someone we want long time, the Scolandry combo, is huge, and for the money etc...we want to keep it together if we can.

Caller Charlie - Commend you for doing a great job, look like smallest team in lineup, putting Landry, Scola, Chuck, we have warriors....Yao is out....and Tmac...we don't know what he will be,........but what are we looking for as an upgrade, SF? Center? What?

DM: I agree, Houston fans do not get cheated, as we play hard and the other team better show up or we are going to win, when we have lulls we are going to struggle, as to what we are lookign for? What Yao and Tmac brought, and we are hoping they get back to that, we have a few guys on team that we believe could grow INTO all star caliber player, but you can't plan into that, not sure who will be available to acquire....if you are waiting on the perfect thing, it is like sex in the City, all waiting for perfect guy.

H: Revoke your man card?

DM: Yeah between that and Glee I am about to lose my man card...can I blame my wife for having it on? I would never watch any of those shows if she wasn't around....LOL

H: Last week episode of Glee, I DVRed it....lol.

H: Rockets are interested in Randolph.

DM: Can't talk about other teams players sorry....

H: Rick Adelman and his back to back schedule?

DM: Yeah the schedule evens out, we have the hardest schedule through early January, then it evens out...hopefully we can go on a run , the OKcity game Saturday is going to be huge, playoffs could come down to us and them to who gets in the playoffs.....

H: Don't rock those orange shoes OKC

DM: Those were interesting......I will use interesting like my wife does...think you are an idiot etc...lol....Kevin Durant is obviously a special guy to watch.....fans should come see him.

END RECAP.....my fingers are fried......

DD

1 person likes this.
  4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I love that Daryl watches Glee... makes me feel so much better about making it appointment viewing... is that wrong? ;)

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I wish Matt and Adam could get Morey more. They know more about Rockets basketball so there wouldn't be so many stupid questions. (Lopez asking is Chase could start?)

GREAT JOB DaDa!

6. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I found it interesting that when Innis asked about Randolph, Daryl quickly noted he couldn't talk about other teams players. I know its the standard answer but normally Daryl comments how great a player is or the potential he has before giving the company line. I wonder if he just didn't want to go into the spill or something is up and he didn't want his words point in one direction or another? Just found it iteresting...

7. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Much appreciated sir!

8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Good read. From what I gather, even though everyone is on a "showcase" during each game, Shane, Carl and Luis are untouchable.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Daryl does talk around the issue of Tracy, doesn't he?

From what I gathered, yes, Tracy is on the block....

Landry is untouchable (now, if a Chris Bosh became available....)

Luis is highly prized, not quite untouchable.

I didn't gather that Shane is untouchable, though. Not that Morey made any inclination that Shane is on the block, no.

10. DreamFink

DreamFink New Member

DM won't trade TMAC unless we get something amazing for him, but who wouldn't. Also, if TMAC takes a significant enough pay cut he might be worth resigning in the offseason.

Thanks Dada!

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Thanks DD.

Sounds like McGrady is definitely on the block and that he has a handful of games to something special and convince them to try to hold on to him.

Landry sounds important but not untouchable. Scola sounds like they wish they could keep him but know he will be out of their price range. "enjoy the ride" wtf? sounds like giving up on resigning him to me.

Morey (and I'll bet Adelman) are high on Battier. He isn't going anywhere unless it's just insanely lopsided deal for the Rockets.

I wish someone would have asked more about Ariza. I'm sick of the "we want him to shoot threes" response. Someone needs to question him about Ariza's shot selection overall, his inefficiency and if the Rockets will ok going forward with a SG who can't crack 40% shooting.

12. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Landry and Scola, if the rockets only can keep one, they willl keep Landry.

13. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

You'd think Brooks would be on that list also. That is unless a deal comes along that knocks you off your feet, but in that case I'd think that all of the names you mentioned would be available in the same situation.

14. DaDakota

You can tell Morey is REALLY high on Brooks....saying there is no ceiling and with his combination of shot making and quickness who knows how far he can go.

While he hasn't said so directly, I get the distinct feeling that when Morey says they have players that could develop into All stars...Brooks is on top of that list.

DD

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Bud one game on, next game off....exactly right, exactly why battier isn't going to the bench, and why he isnt going to be traded just to get a big man or just to get rid of him.....maybe we can finally stop those threads instead of acting like we have any influence or control over the situation? Especially, when Morey keeps shutting it down time after time..

16. DaDakota

Well, some of us believe in a sink or swim mentality, that you develop faster that way...clearly DM and RA do not agree.

DD

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

we BETTER not trade landry. if this guy is given 35+ minutes a niht, he's a 21-23 point scorer EASILY. like the caller said, if landry is traded, i'm going to be hurt.

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

What is funny is that Chase is probably as consistent (or more) offensively than Shane is. Ariza is more consistent than Chase if you mean consistently bad.

If I could make a switch I would move Ariza to the bench. Shane's defense is too important to this team and Chase has proven he is not going to shoot you out of games like Ariza will. If anything, the kid could be more aggressive.

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

chase goes 0-3, gets little minutes.

ariza goes 0-9, and probably gets 30+ minutes.

life ain't fair.