1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Phil Jackson wants to coach the Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, May 10, 2013.

1. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Jim Buss wants to win at the end of the day, thats why he traded his pet Andrew Bynum for Dwight Howard. For years there were people saying he would never trade Bynum because he was the 1st guy Jim Buss handpicked in a draft and that was his crown jewel. He hired D'Antoni to bring back Showtime offense for his dad who was on his deathbed. Pringles may be safe for now (probably till 2014) when Lakers can bank in on the 2014 free agents and then bring in Phil instead of wearing him out trying

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If the Lakers don't get Dwight, that whole scenario goes down the drain. They'll have nothing to build around, and Phil won't go there without stars in place.

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Who in 2014 do the Lakers even think they can get? The only players that will genuinely be on the market are just role players.

4. Nook

Nook Member

The Lakers haven't hit rock bottom yet. The roster is devoid of any appreciable young talent and has limited assets to rebuild with. Further, their older players are on the decline.

5. JamesHarden

JamesHarden Member

Lakers can keep Dwight, but give us D'antoni!!!

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

So you don't want a superstar player, but you do want a terrible coach, can mean only one thing....

7. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

that would be interesting but wouldn't sit well with Harden and half of this bbs i'm sure. Our defense would get worse though.

i hope PJ coaches LAL though. i'm sick of this Dwight Howard crap.

8. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Get Howard AND Phil in Houston. Finals contender baby.

9. what

what Member

Jackson is past his prime. WAY past it. Now all he is interested in is how much money he can make and how much attention he can garner.

And by the way, it's not Jackson's triangle offense. It's Tex Winter's triangle offense.

10. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

Jackson also admitted to having been diagnosed with prostate cancer during that season. I can imagine at his age having other things on his mind.

11. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

The Kwame-led Lakers team were championship caliber.

Last I checked there was Kobe-Shaq before Phil, a Pippen-MJ before Phil. And a Kobe-Pau after Phil, I haven't seen **** from them either.

And from what I can see, in relation to history, no team wins without a championship caliber roster except for those Pistons and what some would believe our Rockets(just 1 true superstar in one of those runs, and then CLyde as a 2nd star for the other).

12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

tee hee

D'antoni likely to return next season....

great predictions from a year ago!

13. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member