1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[HELP] Restaurant for the 7th

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by akperez, Apr 28, 2005.

1. akperez

akperez Contributing Member

Okay....there is probably no such place for what I am looking for.....but I'm hoping to get some good suggestions. Here's my dilemma. I will turn 30 on May 5 and my friends and hubby are planning to do something on the 7th. I'm looking for a nice, casual, fun restaurant with a good bar and possibly some live music (or any music for that matter). Here's where it gets hard....IF there is a possible Game 7 it is on that day!!!!! (There won't be of course b/c the Rockets will sweep Dallas and be done on Saturday :D) Soooo...this place has to have a decent tv to watch the game also. :( Help! Is there such a place?

2. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

The Colorado?

3. akperez

That might go over well with the hubby, but my girlfriends might mind.....unless they need some extra cash that is.

4. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Berryhill Baja Grill
    702 E. 11th @ Beverly, 713/225-2252
    www.berryhillintheheights.com

Its an awesome place to throw a party...I talked someone there about throwing a party there for my wifes business and they have TV's there! Its one of the newest places there in the Heights.

5. akperez

OMG! That sounds perfect then!!! I'll have to check it out. Thank you sooo much! By the way...how was the trip?

that link didn't work :(

#5 akperez, Apr 28, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  6. coma

coma Contributing Member

What side of town are you looking for?

A little pricy, but Magnolia Bar & Grill is a nice. Also, Azteca's Bar & Grill is a good party place. Plenty of places around town, depends on where you want to go.

7. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

IM me your email address and I'll send you a couple of pics. If I didnt have kids, I wouldnt have returned. Remember that Corona commercial on the beach...that was me and the wifey....just relaxed and enjoyed each other.

8. akperez

Location doesn't really matter.....Magnolias might be too pricey for the group. I'll check out Azteca's.

9. coma

coma Contributing Member

http://www.aztecasbarandgrill.com/

10. akperez

Now that's the way vacations are supposed to be! I don't think anyone wants to ever return. I'll IM you my e-mail address when you get on.

11. Fatty FatBastard

12. akperez

13. akperez

Oh yeah.....that's a staple with us! They have awesome nachos! I was trying to be original. But that's the right idea!!! They do have tv's don't they?

14. Fatty FatBastard

I believe so, plus its close to sooo many sportsbars, you could easily skip over after dinner.

15. akperez

Actually after looking at it again Magnolia Bar & Grill doesn't look too bad...and there is live zydeco music- Tommy Dardar-- on the 7th...always fun. BUT they do have tv's right??????? If not I may have to put a disclaimer at the bottom of the evite ***location subject to change pending the Rockets playoffs!*** :D

16. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Cinco de Mayo.

Perhaps a fun Mexican food place.