1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another Police Brutality Story Developing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by larsv8, Mar 1, 2015.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yeah, I was just about to post this. They had him restrained already and shot him out of anger basically (for having to struggle with him). One homeless guy vs six police officers... Sad.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Tragic that the man is dead.

I couldn't tell what was happening as to why he was shot.

I can tell you that the guy who was narrating needs to learn how to speak in a more articulate and less hateful manner.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The cop was black though so it won't be a race thing

5. bigtexxx

6. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Seriously, making fun of the person narrating the video? Can't you make a normal comment for once?

7. bigtexxx

Yes seriously. The guy sounded like an uneducated hateful idiot.

8. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Can you try putting yourself in his shoes? People of your race have a history of being victims of police brutality, and you witness firsthand something like this. So you will react by remaining an unemotional, educated person?

"By Jove, I do believe this chap has been accosted and handled rather harshly by the local authorities. I pray my language is befitting through this ordeal, should my speech be recorded on a telecommunications device." :rolleyes:

I think it's too easy for you to remain in your narrow-minded views without consideration of how other people may feel. Step out more, brah. Expand your views and open your mind.

9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Skid row is a tough place.

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/98Wh1K1pT9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Don't waste your time. He's going to troll this thread for all it's worth. Standard clown show operation.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Hard to really tell what was happening. Don't really want to watch it more than the one time. The homeless man was definitely struggling and resisting, even after being tased. I did hear in the background "drop the gun". Couldn't tell if he had a gun to begin with, or if he was grabbing an officer's gun during the struggle and that led to the officers's use of lethal force.

Sad and unfortunate that he had to die. Don't know what reason police were trying to arrest him. Actually, reading the article bigtexxx posted, the officers said he reached for one of their weapons during the struggle. You can't really see from the video, and people are going to have their beliefs regardless of testimony. I don't know what evidence is available to really shine any light on the truth other than he-said-she-said.

12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Dude chill. That was probably the least hateful and one of the most fair comments I've ever seen Texxx post on D&D. Yeah he probably could have left out the "more articulate and less hateful manner" but perhaps he meant the person recording could have used other words as opposed to cuss words.

It's all good man let's just appreciate a decent post from Texxx at least.

13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

One of the cops was black but it's difficult to tell which cop actually shot him.

Either way this should have more to do with the use of force by police but just from viewing the video and the witness reports it seems like one of the officers believed the victim grabbed his gun. Sad story and more info will come out today I guess.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Black, white or Yellow.

Cops are just doing their jobs. Let them do it. They have enough to handle on top of your conspiracy theories or racism agendas. ;)

15. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/z0kSBiu1IGk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Let them do it to you.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Wow both of your world views are amusing... How is using dated british slang educated?

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

On a different note, this seems to be part of a larger trend of people resisting arrest. Do so at your own risk. Maybe the guy reached for the officers gun and the cop was fearful of the safety if himself and his fellow officers? Everyone is too quick to judge based off a ****ty video with a biased narrator.

19. bigtexxx

This. We always need to wait for the facts. That video does not clearly show everything.

20. Remii

Remii Member

Yes... We have to wait for the facts on why 6 cops couldn't screw in a lightbulb _ oops, I mean detain a homeless guy.

I bet TJ could have handled it.