1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 3/3/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Josh Smith throwback game....not sure if that's a good thing though.

Rockets win with the backups and give two big middle fingers up to the league.

Feel bad for the fans (both Hawks and Rockets) in Atlanta though. Was probably going to be a hype game if Harden did not get suspended. May still be with the return of Smith on a contender.

2. Screwedup91

Screwedup91 Member

I actually think this Atlanta game, without Harden, will be good for our team.
    They're gonna have to learn to score and make plays for themselves. They've been spoiled with Harden.

We might even see KJ and some interesting lineups.

3. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

key to this game is defense. Keep the Hawks to under 50 points at the half and feed the ball in the post to DMO/Smith to draw the double teams and then kick it out to the 3 point line for the open 3. Pray the 3 ball is falling. Otherwise, will be interesting to see who steps it up. I see big games from Smith, Dmo, Jones ,and Brewer.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Would really love to get this W and rest for harden.

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I think the players will be ultra motivated to show that they are worthy of being part of this team even in the absence of Harden.

Motivation is one thing. They will also need to make baskets and defend at a high level to beat the Hawks at home, not an easy feat.

Calling for a W.

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

If we win, we'll have a chance to get the 2nd seed in Western Conference.

That also help Harden get MVP.

7. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

Uh no it's a eastern conference road game.

MEMPHIS is the one that is a MUST WIN if we want 2nd seed

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hmm.. Right, but I'm pretty sure he was just stating how close this is to Houston being 2nd (only 1.5 games back from Memphis). Obviously Memphis game is more important but it'd be nice to win both and pass them sooner.

9. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Might be a blessing in disguise with Harden out. We need ball and body movement, a lot of different guys to be involved because the Hawks are too good to just play much 1-on-1 against.

Hawks are still playing great defense and are 4-1 post-ASB, but if Beverley plays like he did against Cavaliers and Brewer starts, we might pull it out. We need a lot of energy from the start, cannot afford to be stagnant and lose because of a lack of effort and hustle.

Watch McHale do something weird and start Terry at SG or something though...

10. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

I hope the rockets stick it tot he nba and win.

I hope brewer starts over terry

11. Mattician

Mattician Member

Let's go Rockets!

12. Zbed

Zbed Member

I'm glad Harden gets some well deserved rest, we need to feed Dmo more and. Aye KJ will even get some action.

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The better Houston plays tonight, the worse for Harden's MVP chances.

14. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Excited/Terrified of this game. I have no idea how this team is going to react tonight.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Think we'll unfortunately lose by a wide margin, Harden is the key peice of this team and the game revolves around him. Hope we don't get blown out and the other guys still have a strong game and don't give up. I predict something like 110-92 Hawks victory.

If you want to join the legendary CF fantasy draft with the brehs, you're welcome!
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=9594854

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I can't wait to see how this team responds without Harden.

Go Rockets!

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maybe the others will step up like the Rockets did when Dream went down and the team won 15 straight without him.

DD

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The better it will be for the team. That is more important than the MVP award for Harden.

19. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

This game has to be a defensive struggle. And even then, someone has to get hot and drop 25+.

Those of you that want JVG back, prepare yourself for a reincarnation!

78 - 74 Rockets!

20. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

It's crazy how there are people here who think this is a win-win for us in that Harden's MVP accolade is on the same scale as winning.

I don't give a **** if Harden wins MVP or not. I would much rather get the wins, and if we can do well without Harden tonight, that is promising for the playoffs. Let's face it. James won't get the calls in the postseason, and guys will have to play their minds out to keep us afloat.

Let's keep our focus on prioritizing the team/wins over James' individual praise. It's well deserved, but anything can happen.