1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't f*** with Curt Schilling's daughter

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by leroy, Mar 3, 2015.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm not a Schilling fan by any stretch of the imagination. I think he's a loudmouth jackass. That said, what people posted about his daughter when he was just congratulating her on her successes what just horrible. I absolutely do not blame him for going after them. I have 2 sons. I hope I'm able to properly teach them to not only realize that what you post on the internet is out there for the world to see, but that just to even think these things that were said is just wrong. I hope I'm able to teach them better than these depraved s***bags were clearly taught by their parents.

2. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

I agree with the exception of your last sentence. I am sure these kids parents did not teach them to behave like this. Maybe you should say lack of parenting but even despite some of the best parenting kids are going to troll.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

LOL @ say goodbye to your careers anywheres, trolling dudes on twitters... :grin:

Those dudes aren't gonna find work anymore. Try to go to their twitter accounts and you get /account/suspended... LOLs.

"redditors" will eat them alive.
    Agreed. :eek:

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was just listening to this discussed on local sports talk radio and a couple of interesting points of discussion. While it's good that Schilling is calling people out for making such hateful moronic comments might this also end up empowering more trolls out there since they've shown they can really get someone like Schilling riled up? Also for that matter does Schilling's own notoriety invite things like that?

Consider when this:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ejGGwq4qTmE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The daughter and the father got more negative fallout from this than they did positive even though many also felt it was right for the father to stand up for his daughter.

5. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Those dudes deserved to be punished.

While Schilling didn't handle this in the best way (which isn't surprising, after all Schilling isn't exactly a stand-up guy), I don't blame him for responding the way he did. It's his daughter.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

How is he supposed to handle this?

If he conveyed a message that was somber and not belligerent, the trolls would have won because they beat his character down.

If he conveyed a message that was over the top to put some fear in the jackasses that made comments, the trolls would have won because they got under his skin.

I think he handled it well - the comments were hard to read from just a bystander's standpoint. Can't even imagine a father reading those about his daughter.

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

he handled like a boss.

this should be in Hangout to be seen by everyone, this isn't baseball talk

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:( No!

;)

1 person likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This disgusting behavior on the net is more common than not.

I'm fine with public shaming to expose this as not cool even if the shamed lost their jobs.

Of course I'm reminded of women getting death and rape threats after they publicly shamed someone, so I wonder if Curt is getting the same response...or maybe he doesn't because these anonymous people are just as cowardly as they act.