1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mitch Lawrence] Rockets' locker room "disharmonious"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JoeBarelyCares, Jun 19, 2011.

1. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

New Houston coach Kevin McHale is looking for a No. 1 assistant and the Rockets are ready to offer $1.2 million over three years. But at least one candidate was scared off when he correctly deduced that a member of McHale's staff, Chris Finch, is GM Daryl Morey's golden boy. They're already talking about Finch, promoted recently from coaching in the D-League, as McHale's eventual successor. McHale's biggest task at the outset: Bringing law and order to a disharmonious locker room.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...i_opt_for_defensiveminded_dwane.html?r=sports %2Fbasketball%2Fknicks&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nydnrss%2Fsports%2Fbasketball%2Fknicks+%28Sports%2FBasketball %2FKnicks%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

1 person likes this.
  2. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

"Disharmonious" refers to locker room problems, correct?

3. valorita

valorita Member

No, it refers to our locker room being out of tune since the king of karoke left for memphis.

5 people like this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'll need some more info on this. Our current players don't seem to be the type for 'disharmony', (with a few exceptions). It's really not a big deal if "at least one candidate" is worried about Chris Finch. If it doesn't bother the head-coach he's meant to replace, why should it bother an assistant more? Sounds like someone is reading into it too much.

5. raining threes

Maybe he could lay his healing hands on the McHale and the lockerroom and turn them into champions.

Oh lord of no rings.

LOL

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I wouldn't want that assistant coach anyway. How many players have been brought in to replace Chuck Hayes? And yet every year he manages to beat them out and earn significant minutes. A coach shouldn't be afraid to prove that he's as capable or more than Chris Finch. A lot can happen over the next three years (or more if McHale is extended).

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Lawrence is talking nonsense. We improved after the king of karoke left for Memphis,because of the tremendous leadership of Hayes,who was a bigger leader than him. Lowry brought great leadership too,and Luis brought a steady presence too. Our locker room is not dysfunctional or disharmonious.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Yeah the economy is in the tank and all these guys are making millions and enjoying the offseason. I'm sure it's real bad in the locker room. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. Victorious

Victorious Member

Wait, so we already signed Chris Finch?

1 person likes this.
  10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

That's what I'm saying!

When did this happen!?!

11. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So who moved the curtains and the lamp and messed up the Locker Room's Feng Shui?

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

What locker room? most of them are in Houston for the first time since the season last night....

13. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

This guy is full of ****. I don't see how he connects the Chris Finch situation to the locker room being disharmonious.

14. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Exactly.. This makes no sense.

15. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I don't think we've signed him yet, but McHale has already agreed that Finch would be a good addition to his staff, so it's only a matter of time.

16. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

coaches are part of the locker room, perhaps the 'disharmony' is in fitting Morey's man into the coaching hierarchy.

17. Raven

Raven Member

And that might be why RA is gone. The problem, I'm guessing, is that there simply aren't enough minutes to go around.

18. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

Says some jackass from the ny daily news. Obviously this guy is construing his Knicks’ locker room with ours. I guess when your team is super hyped during the regular season only to fail horribly in the post season, you’re bound to start writing about anything to get your mind off of it.

I’ll just have to take this article with a grain of salt.

19. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

It's possible....

Lowry and others were openly upset about Rick leaving
    Most were unhappy about Battier being traded
    We had Martin chaffing about being "an asset"
    There's Williams

Of course, I don't think it's more than a 4 on a scale 1-10, and that's fairly usual for any team that didn't win a championship.

I'd have to wonder how he'd describe the locker rooms of
    OKC
    MIA
    SAC
    etc

1 person likes this.
  20. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

I wouldn't be surprised if the employee morale in the locker room is a little low or "disharmonious", as this guy put it.

High turnover of players, trade rumors, and a disconnect between the players and front office when Adelman wasn't brought back. There's a level of uncertainty right now that make the players feel uncomfortable... and hopefully, it'll all get better once they start training camp